Position Title: Communications Officer
Reports to: Deputy Chief of Party
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries.
The FHI 360 Zambia Country Officer invites applications from interested candidates on the USAID Open Doors Project. The USAID Open Doors Project is an activity providing comprehensive HIV prevention, care, and treatment services to key populations in targeted provinces of Zambia with the goal of contributing to a reduction in new HIV infections, in alignment with Zambia’s National AIDS Strategic Framework (NASF), 2017 – 2021. Open Doors Project supports the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) as it works towards the goal of an AIDS-Free generation, in Zambia, as well as globally.
The USAID Open Doors Communications Officer will work closely with the Deputy Chief of Party to identify and coordinate communications needs of the project. He / She will support technical staff in designing and managing project events, partner engagement and networking, documenting success stories and selecting project success stories for publishing. The incumbent will develop innovations to effectively communicate the project’s performance internally and to the external world.
This is a short-term hire. USAID Open Doors project ends December 31, 2021.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Coordinate and maintain communication strategies for internal and external use in line with FHI360 and USAID policies and guidelines.
- Develop and maintain a communication resource tool for compiling and cataloguing of project’s communication tools and documents.
- Update and maintain a training data base for the life of project Develop and maintain database of project’s partners and Community Resource Partner networks .
- Organize and facilitate end of project sharing and dissemination events in collaboration with DCOP and technical staff.
- Produce monthly project newsletter on topical issues and project achievements for sharing with partners.
- Review and finalize project success stories and lessons learnt.
- Conduct client interviews to obtain relevant information and facts for stories and newsletter.
- Organize and facilitate learning sessions for project staff to improve communication skills of staff and partner organizations.
- Provide rapporteur services for the project events and partner meetings.
- Coordinate review of project reports and upload final versions on SharePoint Regularly.
- Review and update USAID Open Doors project documents and information on FHI360 website (The vine).
- Provide leadership to implementing partners on use of social media channels to support outreach activities.
- Perform any other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills And Qualifications
- Work independently with minimal supervision to accomplish set goals.
- Good written and oral communications skills.
- Experience in communication for development in various settings including NGO environment.
- Experience in working on programs funded by US government or other international NGOs Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political, legal and ethical issues surrounding HIV/AIDS.
- A team player Able to work in cross-cultural settings.
Qualifications And Requirements
- Degree in Mass Communication, Graphic Design and other related fields. Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and experience in developing, editing and formatting documents.
- Proven experience in documenting project achievements and publications At least 3 years’ experience in conducting similar assignments.
- Excellent writing and document review skills
- Excellent knowledge and skill working with various document design and formatting programs including Publisher.
The last day of receiving applications is 20 April,2021
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package , professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
To apply for this job please visit fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com .