: Communication Officer
Contract Duration : One year
Position Grade : Clerk
Primary Location : Provincial Health Office, Lusaka
Secondary Location : General hospitals in Lusaka (Chipata, Matero, Kanyama, Chawama, and Chilenge)
Organization : JICA Technical Cooperation Project “The Project for Strengthening Management Capacity of the First Level Hospitals in Lusaka District”
Schedule : Full time (Working hours: Monday to Friday, 08Hrs – 17Hrs, Lunch Break: 12:30Hrs – 14Hrs)
Contact: [email protected] (Mr. Hara Takashi, Project coordinator)
The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), the implementing agency of the Japanese Official Development Assistance (ODA), has been actively supporting the Government of the Republic of Zambia since the 1980s with a wide range of its focus areas of cooperation, including agriculture, education, water supply, sanitation and health system strengthening. JICA has been assisting the Zambian Government to support the implementation of several health programs such as community-based child health promotion, management of health infrastructure and equipment, health care financing, and HIV treatment. The Project for Strengthening Management Capacity of the First Level Hospitals in Lusaka District” is a JICA’S new project following the project for Upgrading first level hospital to second level hospital.
Objectives of the project
To assist strengthening management capacity of 5 general hospitals in Lusaka district in collaboration with MoH, PHO, DHO for the duration of 5 years (end of March 2026).
Duties And Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Japanese experts, the officer is responsible for, but not necessarily limited to, the following assigned duties:
1. To develop and measure outputs, outcomes and impact of strategic communications products such as material for the website, reports and digital content to support advocacy;
2. To organize and evaluate strategic dissemination to various stakeholders of information on the project’s work, achievements and daily work;
3. To draft message and manage project’s social-media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram;
4. To draft biweekly or monthly report for stakeholders under the supervision of chief advisor;
5. To take Photo shooting for daily activities in MOH, PHO, DHO, General hospitals, or workshop/training with consent
6. To participate in administrative and technical staff meetings; prepare “a records of proceeding ” of meeting as well as distribute them to participants; follow up the actions to be taken;
7. To draft minutes of the meeting conducted;
8. To assist in the preparation of technical presentations, technical reports and articles by reviewing, correcting and/or rewriting texts to improve clarity, conciseness and coherence; prepare and verify the content of tables, graphs, and charts;
9. To establish and maintain electronic files, photos, videos and controlled reference material;
10. To be a team player
11. To perform other related duties as assigned.
- Essential: Grade 12 certificate.
- Desirable: Diploma in public relations. A bachelor/master degree will be an added advantage.
- At least three years’ experience in public relations.
- Experience in developing, implementing and evaluating communications strategies, including digital platforms (social media, web)
- Administrative experience in working with JICA, UN System or international organizations in the field of health will be an added advantage.
1. Ability to communicate effectively, including demonstrated skills in writing and editing;
2. Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize, research and write within short deadlines;
3. Skills in measuring and evaluating communications activities and applying learning to future activities;
4. Excellent skill for photo shooting;
5. Excellent interpersonal skills and capacity for effective engagement with a range of stakeholders;
6. Excellent interpersonal skills, with the capacity to work with high-level stakeholders with discretion and tact in a politically sensitive environment.
7. Demonstrated ability to effectively use a computer and utilize software programs such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and photo editing software like a Photoshop.
8. Other IT skills and knowledge of other online meeting software programs such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams and Google meets would be an asset.
A) Documents Screening through Forms
Part 1. Qualification Selection
Part 2. Assignment Selection (only for those who pass the qualification selection)
B) Group Interview (7 applicants in each position together with interviewers)
C) Individual Interview (1 applicant in each position with interviewers)
Final Selection (one in each position)
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com .