Clinical Supervisor - Copperbelt
Jobs at:John Snow Inc.
Deadline of this Job:
02 May 2022
Within Zambia , Copperbelt , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Clinical Supervisor position. Role is to provide supervisory ART Clinical service delivery to assigned facilities within the district. S/he will ensure the use of the latest evidence-based clinical guidelines and standards as well as conduct regular technical updates for Clinicians, Data Entry Clerks and Professional Counsellors. S/he will report to the Clinical Director in the Region.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Orientation and mentorship of ISI-ART and MoH Clinicians, Professional Counselors, DECs and CBVs on optimized PITC using the checklist for conditions that are high markers of HIV infection.
• Triangulation of HIS against index, FITS against Pre-ART/ART, and Patient appointment against index/VL requisition registers respectively to ascertain the status of implementation of indexing all strategy, VI., uptake and linkage of positive clients to treatment as well as help identification of performance gaps.
• Orientation and mentorship of JSI-ART Clinicians, Professional Counselors and MoH staff to enhance supervision of CBVs in opening HIV positive client’s files, populating the patient locator form, documenting in the Pre-ART/Linkage register, adherence treatment preparation within the HTS room followed by escorted referrals to improve the linkage rate.
• Follow-on mentorship on the JSI-ART Clinicians, Moll Staff, Professional Counselors and CBVs on the correct index testing model using the sex networking to improve coverage and positivity yield feeding into the first 95.
• Distribution of the TLD JOB-AIDS and orientation of staff in supported facilities on the eligibility criteria, dosage, drug interactions and adverse effect profiles to rollout implementation of the 2018 ZCGs.
• Mentorship of JSI-ART Clinicians, MoH staff, SIAs on data utilisation at health facility using key performance indicators ‘to enhance rational decision making on patient management. Orientation and follow on mentorship of JSI-ART Clinicians, MoH staff, DECs, Professional Counselors and CBVs in hotspot mapping using addresses of HIV positive clients from the HTS, Pre-ART and ART registers respectively.
• Provide and or arrange logistical Support for hotspot outreach testing and ART service provision to clients testing HIV positive.
• Orientation and follow on mentorship of JSI ART Clinicians, MoH staff and SIAs on proper utilisation of the patient’s appointment register to help decongest health facilities, improve retention and care and VL uptake.
• Administration of the SIMS and Enhancement tools at all 1ST-SAFE supported health facilities to improve the quality of ART service provision and ensure the sites are always ready for assessment by JSI .
• Orientation and follow on mentorship of all staff at supported health facilities on correct and complete documentation in all source documents to improve the quality of data.
• Diploma/ Degree in Clinical Sciences or Clinical Medicine with additional training and experience in adult and pediatric ART;
• Not less than 3 years of experience at Clinical Supervisory Level
• Willingness and ability to work long hours and hours outside of 8-5;
• Willingness to work in the field and to support and supervise Clinicians and SIAs
• Ability to work in harmony with GRZ and SAFE staff and adhere to code of conduct and ethics;
• Maintain positive communication skills and personality appropriate for Mentoring health workers and on the job train
• Able to exhibit professionalism, respect, confidentiality and positivity;
• Ability to be flexible and innovative while adhering to best practices;
• In-depth knowledge and understanding — practice of both WHO and Zambian treatment guidelines;
• Ability to multi-task efficiently and prioritize activities in support of Project goals and deadlines;
• Willingness to support roving/mobile teams when called upon.
NOTE : We would like to emphasize that JSI/Zambia and its partners do not ask for money in exchange for employment.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]