Chief WASH, P4
Jobs at:United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
Deadline of this Job:
04 August 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
Children deserve the best and we never give up.
For every child, ... WASH
The UNICEF Programme of Cooperation with the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) is designed to address and mitigate the threat of poverty the country's children face, while responding to the needs with interventions addressing the multiple causative factors.
To find out more about UNICEF's work in Zambia, please visit https://www.unicef.org/zambia/.
How can you make a difference?
Take this opportunity to lead the vibrant WASH Team working under Representative or Deputy Representative for general guidance and direction. The Chief is responsible for managing and supervising all stages of the WASH programme from strategic planning and formulation to the delivery of the WASH outcome and output results. The Chief is also responsible for leading and managing the Country Office WASH team. The Chief WASH is accountable for ensuring that the WASH outcome and output results are achieved according to plans, allocations, results based-management approaches and methodology, UNICEFs Strategic Plan, standards of performance and accountability framework.
Summary of Key Functions/Accountabilities:
• Managerial leadership
• Programme development and planning
• Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
• Advisory services and technical support
• Advocacy, networking and partnership building
• Humanitarian WASH preparedness and response
• Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
Detailed Job Description can be viewed here GJP Chief WASH P4, Post # 00012445.pdf
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have;
Minimum Qualifications and Competencies
• An advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: public health, social sciences, behavior change communication, sanitary engineering or another relevant technical field.
• Additional relevant post-graduate courses that complement/supplement the main degree is an asset.
• DEVELOPMENTAL: a minimum of eight years of professional experience in WASH-related programmes for developing countries is required.
• One year of deployment in a developing country is required.
• Proven ability to effectively lead a team to deliver results is required.
• HUMANITARIAN: At least one year of work in humanitarian situations, including one three-month mission deployment (with UN-Govt-INGO) is required.
• Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
For every Child, we serve you
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies required in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The core competencies required for this post are...
• Nurtures, Leads and Manages People (2)
• Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (3)
• Works Collaboratively with others (3)
• Builds and Maintains Partnerships (3)
• Innovates and Embraces Change (3)
• Thinks and Acts Strategically (3)
• Drives to achieve impactful results (3)
• Manages ambiguity and complexity (3)
View our competency framework here; Competency Framework - 2020.pdf
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: 21 Jul 2021 South Africa Standard Time
Deadline: 04 Aug 2021 South Africa Standard Time
Please click here to apply.