Vacancy title: Chief Executive Officer[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Sports and fittness , Category: Admin & Office ]
Jobs at: Power Dynamos Football Club
Deadline of this Job:
06 September 2022
Within Zambia , Kitwe , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
This role is responsible for managing and overseeing the operations of Power Dynamos. The job includes supervision of the secretariate, ensuring sporting and commercial viability of the Club and its facilities, and timely implementation of board resolutions. The job holder will report to the board of directors and serve as board secretary.
• Lead the Club and ensure the effective delivery of its strategic and business plan.
• Develop key performance indicators for the Club and secretariate personnel as approved by the board.
• Develop budget for the Club based on approved objectives and oversee the budget’s implementation, including budget performance monitoring.
• Develop and monitor operational plans and financial controls.
• Supervise operations of the secretariate, which includes a management team, technical bench and office of the technical director.
• Develop operating procedures for the various functions of the secretariate to ensure orderly running of affairs.
• Ensure that PDFC is compliant with all ethical standards of football and with all statutory and legal employment regulations for both local and foreign staff.
• Oversee the annual certification of club licensing rules, including stadium infrastructure.
• Arrange all meetings of the board in consultation with the Chairperson of the Executive Committee.
• Keep all records of the Club and produce them at any time at the request of the board or a member of the Executive Committee.
• Promote stakeholder engagements, including with:
1. The Confederation of African Football (CAF)
3. Local and international suppliers of kit and regalia
4. Club sponsors at management level and various sponsors’ functionaries and departments
• Oversee and deliver the registration and re-engagement of all first team players in accordance with the regulations by which the Club is bound. This will include all player contracts, registration, loan agreements and transfer documents, using the required FIFA TMS.
• Co-ordinate and maintain player disciplinary matters and records, including the preparation of appeals to FAZ, where necessary.
• Maintain and keep up to date all players’ private medical insurance records and liaise with the medical department and team manager over medical examinations and billing enquiries.
• Perform all other tasks and functions which may from time to time be assigned by the Executive Committee.
To be considered for this role, you will be required to have:
• Grade 12 school certificate or equivalent
• First Degree in Business Administration/Commercial/Marketing, Sports Management or equivalent
• Previous experience in sports facilities management at a high level
• Experience in football administration is an added advantage
• Minimum five years’ overall experience
• Computer literate – highly conversant with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Projects and at least one football analysis computer package
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Team player, with ability to collaborate
• Understanding of the FAZ, CAF and FIFA statutes for football management
• Financial management and commercial competence
• Understanding of football governance and development
• Ability to apply risk management procedures to all aspects of football, including the health and safety of staff, guests and fans
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]