Call for Consultancy
Jobs at:Civil Society for Poverty Reduction (CSPR)
Deadline of this Job:
07 September 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Saturday, September 04, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title: Call for Consultancy
Civil society for poverty reduction call for expression of interest, Consultancy for the development of facilitators training manual on public debt transparency and accountability.
Context and Background
The Civil Society for Poverty Reduction (CSPR) is a network of Civil Society Organizations working around transparency, social accountability, and pro-poor policy advocacy. The network as part of its mandate works to improve and consolidate the quality of civic input in the formulation and implementation of pro-poor policies and programmes such as the National Budget and the National Development Plans.
Civil Society for Poverty Reduction (CSPR) with support from the Open Society Initiative for Southern Africa (OSISA) is implementing a project titled “Advocacy for Transparency in Public Debt Management” Lusaka, Monze and Choma Districts. The goal of this project is to improve the management of public debt by government through enhanced transparency and accountability in the implementation of the Economic Recovery Strategy (2020-2023).
CSPR will therefore engage a consultant to develop and design a facilitator’s training manual.
Scope of Consultancy
The consultant will be responsible for the development and design of a facilitator’s training manual training which will support the capacity building of community-based organizations, women, youth, and media in Monze, Choma and Lusaka. The consultant will be expected to:
• Review existing literature and training materials on public debt awareness and monitoring in Zambia and the SADC region.
• Consolidate the input from Civil Society Organizations and Government Stakeholders on the required information and content for capacity building of communities and community-based organizations on debt transparency and accountability.
Therefore, the training manual should contain the following sections and features:
• Several modules: for community based-organization, media, women, and Youths.
• The basic principles and characteristics of Public Debt and the Zambian Public Framework.
• Utilization for service delivery and its effects on communities
• Content on how Communities can be involved in monitoring the public resource management cycle, specifically the debt components.
• Advocacy Strategies that can be used by Media and Community based organizations to effectively communicate their intended message on people centered debt management.
• Interviews with key informants such as CSOs, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of National Development Planning, ZIPAR etc. On the knowledge gaps on public debt among members of the public.
• Support pilot testing of training manual on public debt, public finance, and accountability/transparency on public debt in Zambia.
• Produce report on the existing training literature and materials on community focused public debt trainings in Zambia.
• Capacity build project staff in the use of the Training Manual.
Expected Key Deliverables
The consultant will be expected to:
• Provide Inception Report with a detailed work plan for the consultancy period
• Provide First Draft Training Manual
• Conduct Pilot Trainings
• Provide Final Facilitator’s Training Manual on Public Debt in Zambia: Transparency and Accountability
Expression of Interest Requirements
• CSPR Zambia would like to invite interested and eligible Public Debt Specialists and Experts to submit the following:
• Consultant CV including past achievements and Three Traceable References
• Introduction letter including a brief overview of the assignment as understood by the bidder.
• Detailed itemized work plan – including timeframes for submission of drafts
• Detailed itemized budget and price justification
Annexes: Any documents, such as work samples, or other information, which the consultant feels will assist proposal review team in evaluating the proposal.
Prospective consultant should submit a written proposal to [email protected] by Tu esday 7th September 2021.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
The Consultant (s) will be primarily shortlisted based on the following criteria:
• Master’s degree in social work, Development Studies, Social Sciences, or related field.
• At least 3 years’ experience in the design and implementation of training materials with a focus on Public Debt Transparency and its effects on Service Delivery on Social Sectors; Education, Health, Agriculture and Social Protection.
• Previous experience delivering or developing TOT (Training of Trainers) curriculum.
• Previous experience working with community-based organizations and/or media.
All electronic applications must be emailed to [email protected] .
No physical submissions will be receipted
All queries must be addressed to the email indicated above.
Applications must reach cspr no later than 1 2pm on tuesday 7th september 2021.
Late submissions will not be accepted