BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – TRAINING CENTRE – ZRA04 (1 POSITION)
Reporting directly to the Assistant Director – Resourcing and Development, the Business Development Manager – Training Centre will be responsible for identifying, developing and implementing new business opportunities and will work across all areas of the Zambia Revenue Authority Training Centres.
- Identify, develop and implement new business opportunities to create new income streams across ZRA Training Centres;
- Actively engage with academics and technical staff across ZRA to fully understand the capabilities and knowledge capital;
- Engage externally with relevant sectors, industries and businesses with a view to exploit the potential and capabilities of the Training Centre;
- Generate new income streams through commercialization of knowledge capital, facilities and/or research and development projects;
- Influence others and secure buy-in and commitment from staff across ZRA to deliver on projects and opportunities with external businesses and companies;
- Support academic staff to build their confidence and skills in business engagement as well as their awareness and understanding of key industrial strategies;
- Brief Human Resource Management Team on key priorities in national and regional strategies and advise on how the Training Centre should position itself for the future;
- Write business plans including financial budget delivery plans aligned to income generation activities;
- Update the Training Centre Management Team on secured business and achievements of milestones and deliverables, developments in progress;
- Engage with key stakeholders in other academic institutions to ensure that the Training Centre achieves its targets and realizes identified opportunities;
- Undertake personal development to assure continual effectiveness in business development within the Higher Education Sector in a way that directly benefits the Training Centre;
- Undertake research and market analysis, including client profiling, sourcing trendsetters and high growth potential business opportunities and contacts;
- Provide administrative and logistical support to course participants in form of venues and accommodation to ensure training delivery is effective;
- Agrees, sets, monitors and assesses performance of direct reports;
- Prepare content and produce marketing literature for marketing materials and website and liaise with the Corporate Communications Team regarding the design and printing of marketing materials; attend marketing and careers events;
- Present a friendly and efficient service that demonstrates a high level of commitment to customer service; acting as a point of contact, dealing with enquiries and responding to requests for information;
- Comply with all college regulations and procedures, and undertake appropriate training and staff development as required; and
- To oversee the administration, catering and lodging at ZRA Training Centre and ensure Health regulations are complied with.
- Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate or General Certificate of Education Equivalent;
- University Degree in Marketing, Business administration, Social Sciences or any equivalent field;
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in a similar role with experience in a reputable organisation;
- Master’s Degree in Management will be an added advantage;
- Certificate in Project Management or Business Analysis will be an added advantage;
- Membership to a relevant professional body;
- Proven project management experience;
- Good understanding of market and marketing strategies; and
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Package.
OTHER SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- High integrity
- Supervisory skills
- Strong communication skills in all formats
- Good team player
- Customer service orientation
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
: 5.0 Year(s)
No. of Position : 1
Job Opening date : 30-Jul-2021
Job closing date : 13-Aug-2021
To apply for this job please visit careers.zra.org.zm .