Business Development Consultant – Proposal Writer
Jobs at:M31 Research
Deadline of this Job:
23 December 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, December 10, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
M31 Research was founded to provide a world class customer experience in evaluation study services. We understand the unique challenges of conducting research in Zambia providing seamless continuity of research activities from the initial proposal to data collection and reporting. M31 ensures a high level of research and quality data. Our services include, impact evaluation, project evaluation, situation analysis, data collection and survey logistics, managing language and local context barriers, ethical clearance, and compliance with government requirements.
To deliver a world class customer experience through the effective use of technology and management principles.
A world where all decisions are informed by evidence.
Integrity and Hard work.
Purpose of the Call for Consultants
We are seeking Zambian and international experts who can combine their technical expertise with strong interpersonal and management skills to support our current and future research projects.
Information Regarding the Business Development Role
The Business Development Consultant (BDC) produces professionally written proposal and pitch content that superbly articulates the organisations value proposition and win projects.
This is a highly networked role that requires a forensic attention to detail, the ability to work under pressure and demanding deadlines. The BDC plays a leading role in ensuring the effective co-ordination and timely completion of tenders. The BDC will work independently with very little oversight. Once a project is secured, the consultant will be compensated based on the project value and their role on the project. Candidates who have research project implementation experience will be given priority. The BDC will report directly to the Executive director.
The BDC prepares a work plan that lists the tasks required to create the proposal, such as design, writing, editing, review and production. The BDC assigns a person to each task and establishes a due date for every action step. The BDC might only write selected sections of a proposal, but coordinates all writers to ensure each section is written in a consistent format and completed according to the RFP instructions.
Project Focus Areas
Our projects are wide ranging in the expertise and knowledge they require but generally focus on the following areas:
• Behavioural Health and Health Policy
• Public Health and Epidemiology
• Social Policy and Economics
• Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH)
• Market Research
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepares proposals by gathering and formatting information, writing drafts, and obtaining approvals
• Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs, studying requests for proposal (RFPs), and attending strategy meetings
• Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, approval, and transmittal.
• Coordinates requirements with contributors and contributes proposal status information to review meetings
• Identifies and engages appropriate technical experts required for the proposal
• Deliver completed written proposal responses to the Proposal Manager against agreed RFP deadlines, escalating issues as required
• Fluent in oral and written English
• Demonstrated prior research work and expertise
• Demonstrated ability to collect and evaluate quantitative and qualitative data
• Experience in project design, implementation, monitoring and reporting
• The ability to manage information and deliver accurate and concise reports in a timely manner
• Able to work independently, as well as within a team
• Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines under pressure
Required Skills and Experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of quantitative and/or qualitative data analysis methods
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and video conferencing software such as Zoom, Google Meet, and WebEx
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you would like to become part of our pool of experts for research projects, please send:
1. A cover letter explaining your area of expertise and experiences,
2. A complete CV with two referees (Applicants who have had consultancy experiences may also submit details of their previous consultancies including the fees you were paid), and
3. A sample of a written report authored by the applicant
Please submit the above-mentioned documents via email to [email protected]
We would appreciate if you could keep your email subject in the quoted format – “ Business Development Consultant – Proposal Writer ”.