FHI 360 is currently recruiting for an anticipated PEPFAR-funded technical assistance project in Zambia. The project will help the Government of the Republic of Zambia with the attainment of National 95-95-95 targets and other HIV related targets as well as support the Government’s capacity to effectively manage all aspects of HIV service delivery in selected Provinces in Zambia.
JOB SUMMARY :
The Associate Director – Finance and Administration will establish and maintain sound financial management practices and ensure the project’s compliance with FHI 360 and CDC acquisition and agreement procedures, rules and regulations. The position will be based in Zambia – Eastern Province and will report to the PI.
- Provide leadership to finance and operations aspects of the project, including general administrative processes, financial management, accounting, and logistics
- Establish and maintain sound and transparent accounting and fiscal control procedures for financial, subaward and operations aspects of project
- Ensure compliance of financial and operations systems with FHI 360 policies and procedures, donor rules and regulation, award requirements, and Government of Zambia laws
- Develop, analyze and monitor program budgets; monitor and track obligations and expenditures against budgets and advise senior leadership regularly on financial and operations-related matters
- Manage project procurement processes
- Provide technical assistance, as needed, to local partners other project stakeholders on financial compliance and reporting
- Prepare and submit annual and quarterly financial and accrual reports to CDC
- Contribute to the development of high-quality work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and any other reports required by CDC
- Liaise with internal and external auditors in the review of project financial management
- Supports performance management and professional development of direct reports, including ongoing feedback, coaching, and career support.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements standards:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree. Preference given to Master’s Degree or higher in accounting, finance, business administration or related field is required; or a bachelor’s accounting degree with 9-11 years’ experience;
- Minimum of 9 years of experience with progressively increasing responsibility in designing, implementing, managing, and leading administrative and financial management,
- Including building capacity in financial management of community-based organizations and implementing partners on large public health programs involving multiple partners, stakeholders, and geographic target areas in Zambia
- Prior experience as a Finance Director/Business Official or senior leadership role at a similar level of a PEPFAR or CDC-funded project is required
- Strong knowledge of USG rules and regulations for grants and contracts is required
- Impeccable knowledge in generally-accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control principles
- Demonstrated experience, skills and ability to develop and adhere to high-level budgets of up to several million dollars encompassing multiple program areas spread across large geographies
- Strong skills in accounting software systems, standard applications in MS Office and database spreadsheets
- Strong writing and oral presentation skills in English
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, manage a high-volume work flow, adhere to timelines as well as to lead and work collaboratively with others
- Develop and maintain sound professional relationships among project staff, partners, host government agencies, donors and other stakeholders
- Ability to undertake extensive local travel, and some international travel as assigned.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com .