Assistant HR & Communications Officer
Jobs at:ORYX Oil Zambia Limited
Deadline of this Job:
06 August 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ORYX Energies is one of Africa’s largest and longest established independent providers of oil and gas products and services. In pursuit of its business strategies in Zambia, the company invites applications from suitably qualified individuals for the position mentioned below, to join its team at ORYX Oil Zambia Ltd, based on the Copperbelt and Lusaka.
Based in Lusaka and directly reporting to the HR and Communications Officer whose based in Ndola, this position is responsible for management of day to day HR and Communications function and plays a supportive role to other Departments.
The job holder shall ensure strict adherence to the company’s HSSEQ guidelines in the execution of duties.
• Monitoring renewal and confirmation dates for both fixed term contracts and new appointments/employees.
• Oversee the completion of compensation and benefit documentation
• Ensuring all appropriate fees are paid to professional bodies.
• Arranging for general and safety induction for in accordance with company policy
• Creating new personal files for new and existing employees in accordance with the internal control matrix and hands over to the HR & Communications Officer
• Ensure files are updated with all relevant documents that need to be placed on files eg leave forms, job descriptions, performance appraisal forms etc
• Monitoring and tracks probation period for new employees and sends prompts to employee HR and Communications Officer for action
• Preparing and enrolls on OOZL Pension Scheme in respect of employees who have been confirmed in their appointments.
• Coordinating induction programmes for new employees coming to HR
• Attending to the families of the deceased employees in cases of funerals
• Help in arranging awards for long serving employees and Labour Day awards
• Arrange appraisal panels for employees and raise promotion reclassification forms.
• Ensure that all disciplinary and appeal hearing documentation are properly filled for future reference
• Minute taking in disciplinary cases hearings and any other HR activities that need to be minuted.
• Complete termination paperwork and exit interviews for exiting employees
• Produce and submit reports on monthly general HR activity
• Coordinate interview meetings and schedules as well as reference checks
• Ensure eligible employees are included on the internal medical scheme
• Assist with performance appraisal procedures and maintaining of records.
• Coordinate training sessions, team building activities and seminars
• Preparation of payroll inputs every month and updating payroll files.
• Assist with purchases needed for HR Department as well as any other Department whenever necessary.
• Assist with maintaining updated leave records and reconcile leave balances with Finance whenever there are disparities.
• Collaborate with management and the Group to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience.
• Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization’s activities, products and/or services in liaison with the Group.
• Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews, and act as a spokesperson for the organization.
• Perform any other duties assigned to you by your Supervisor
Education, Training & Skills
• Minimum of Diploma in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Public Administration or equivalent, having a communications and marketing background will be an added advantage.
• Must have a Grade 12 School Certificate/GCE
• Minimum requirement of two (2) years working experience in the human resource department with demonstrated achievements of success in employee relations.
• Should possess high level of analytical, negotiation, communication, interpersonal and entrepreneurial skills.
• Must Computer literate and knowledgeable in usage of Microsoft office application packages (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher etc)
• Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision
• Must have good communication skills (strong oral and written communication inclusive)
• Must be a team player
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Address application letters to:
The Human Resource & Communications Officer
Oryx Oil Zambia Limited
Plot No. 875 Zambia Road
P. O. Box 230074
Interested persons should apply enclosing Academic and Professional Qualifications, plus a Comprehensive CV: stating the Position in the Subject Line of the email to [email protected] not later than 6th August, 2021 .
Hard copy application letters will not be considered.