Assistant Artisan Fitter
Jobs at:Zambia Sugar
Deadline of this Job:
09 June 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 07, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Zambia Sugar Plc, is a subsidiary of Illovo Sugar Africa (Pty) Ltd Group, and is the leading sugar producer in Zambia. Its main activities are the growing of sugar cane, the production and marketing of sugar and other sugar downstream products.
The Company invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following positions:
Position: Assistant Artisan Fitter (X1- Permanent)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the position of Assistant Artisan Fitter. The position reports to the Artisan Fitter and operates within the Agriculture function.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in carrying out all mechanical fitting works on pump stations and centre pivots on site at Zambia Sugar PLC.
Key performance areas
• Be on hand to assist to repair, install and service defective pumps, pipes, valves, hubs, gear boxes, pivot components etc.
• Assist in drawing materials from stores.
• Liaise with pivot operators when carrying out maintenance works and handover.
• Report works done, materials used and man hours spent to the Artisan Fitter.
• Maintaining house-keeping standards.
• Perform standby duties and callouts, as and when instructed by the foreman or according to set roster.
• Report any accidents or incidents including near-misses immediately through the normal reporting procedures.
• Able to carry out Safety inspections.
• Carry out SHE representative duties.
• Conduct safety talks with team members.
Minimum specifications / Requirements areas
• Grade 12 School Certificate
• Craft Certificate in Mechanical Fitting
• Should be 18 years and above
• Two years working experience and knowledge on pumps, centre pivot maintenance, and pipeline maintenance/fitting.
• The candidate must have good interpersonal skills, sober minded and good technical reporting skills
• Ability to read and write English.
• Valid EIZ membership
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
Should you be interested in applying for these roles, please submit your detailed CV, copies of relevant qualifications, relevant professional accreditation, registrations and ID/Passport in PDF format to [email protected] with the subject line “Application –“ – ASSISTANT ARTISAN FITTER”
Applicants may be required to complete pre-employment checks (qualification, credit, security, background and medical assessments) as part of the recruitment process where applicable.
No hard copy applications or phone calls will be accepted.
Closing date for applications: 9th June, 2022 at 17:00hrs.
Should you not hear from us within 4 weeks after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.