Jobs at:First Quantum Minerals
Deadline of this Job:
30 December 2021
Within Zambia , Solwezi , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, December 17, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
The Plumber is responsible for constructing, maintaining and repairing of gas, portable water, raw water and sewerage lines as assigned by Plumbing supervisor. This includes but not limited to fixtures connected to the aforesaid lines.
• This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
• Installation of new plumbing systems, replacement of old, fault or redundant plumbing systems as per the company and vendor’s safety and quality specifications.
• Ensure that all plumbing equipment have the correct hardware interlock and safety parameter settings for effective and operations.
• Adhere to KMP’s planned and preventative maintenance schedules and procedures.
• Effectively maintain the plumbing equipment with minimum effect on plant production
• Ensure that stock levels of plumbing equipment are maintained in the warehouse and report all defective and substandard equipment to the supervisor.
• Maintain the correct and safe usage of all hand tools within the section.
• Report all safety incidents to the supervisor
• Ensure that all safety documentation is checked and signed according to procedure before carrying out any task.
• Grade 12 School certificate or Ordinary level certificate and
• Craft certificate in plumbing
• Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia
• Knowledge of plumbing and building maintenance
• Knowledge of safe operation of basic hand and power tools
• Knowledge of work place safety including safe handling and lifting procedures
• Knowledge of First Aid
• Team player
• Takes initiative
• Demonstrate sound work ethics
• Client service and public interaction skills
• Valid silicosis certificate
• Standby and overtime when required
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.