At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Able to work with any Instruments by ensuring both company and vendor safety and quality standards are adhered to, while ensuring minimum disruption to the processing plant operation and production
- Calibration of all field Instrumentation to the required resolution and accuracy, ensuring the correct hardwired and/or parameter settings for effective functionality with minimal disruption to the processing plant operation
- Ensure adherence to the Companies’ planned and preventative maintenance schedules and procedures
- Understand control philosophies of the process plant and Scada system
- Other duties as instructed by the Supervisor
- Minimum Grade 12 / equivalent
- Qualified Instrumentation Technician
- A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience as an Instrumentation Technician with a minimum of 3 years in a mining environment .
- Good trouble shooting and fault finding techniques
- Good communication skills
- Conversant with interpretation of instruments and P&ID drawings
- Knowledge on belt scales and conveyor systems
- Knowledge on basic PLCs
- Working knowledge of Optic Fiber networks will be an added advantage
- Knowledge on profibus DP and PA will be added advantage
- Knowledge on Samson Positioner will be added advantage
- Safety conscious
- Good attendance
- Team work
- Standby and overtime were required
- Ready to work in dust and noise areas
To apply for this job please visit firstquantum.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com .