Jobs at:First Quantum Minerals
Deadline of this Job:
03 May 2022
Within Zambia , Solwezi , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Job title: Artisan Fitter, Primary Smelting
Site: Kansanshi Mining Plc
Department: Smelter Engineering
Section: Mechanical, Primary Smelter
Position reports to: Senior Supervisor - Mechanical
Direct reports: N/A
To carry out Preventive and Corrective Maintenance activities on all Hot Metals (ISA, MSEF, WHB, ESP) Smelting equipment under the general guidance of the section’s supervisor(s).
This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
• Maintaining Hydraulic Units.
• Maintaining Boiler Pumps and Positive Displacement Fuel Pumps.
• Maintaining hot metal Tapping and Plugging Machines
• Maintaining MSEF Electrode Columns.
• Identifying and implementing Improvements in the Smelter Plant.
• Maintaining Belt and Drag Chain Conveyors
• Maintaining molten metal launders and tap blocks with their associated cooling water piping networks
• Identifying of equipment defects, troubleshooting and rectification of identified defects
• Minimum of a Grade 12.
• Craft Certificate or equivalent in Mechanical Fitting
• EIZ Certification
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in the maintenance of Smelting Plant Equipment or similar.
• Knowledge of procedures for routine inspection and maintenance
• Knowledge on the Hydraulic and Pneumatic circuitry of furnace electrode columns and tapping machines
• Knowledge of the safety requirements when working on furnace tapping equipment, furnace launders and furnace cooling water circuits
• Knowledge on the associated equipment upstream and downstream of the primary smelting furnaces
• A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
• Bold Initiative
• Thinking Safety
• Upholding Quality
• Good Technical Skills
• Driving Quantity
• Driving Attendance
• Good Hand-on experience
• Dynamic, Driven, Smart
• Standby work required
• Overtime when necessary
• Exposure to dust, heat, and noise
• Working in a Hot Metal Environment
• PC Literacy
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.