At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Carry out planned maintenance jobs as MMS Standard and work order completion
- Must fully participate in housekeeping at all times everywhere on Site
- Adhere to all standard instructions at all times
- Must be motivated, sober minder character
- Must exercise good time management at all times
- Must exercise high level of discipline
- Must always be co-operative and communicative
- Must be safety conscious at all times
- Be able to Dismantle, Assemble and Install Gearbox.
- Be able to identify various types of Sealing Arrangements and their application.
- To be able to understand and explain the purpose of Lubrication and demonstrate the various types of Lubrication.
- Be able to use the various types of measuring equipment (tape, verniers, micrometers)
- Be able to maintain and align various types of Couplings. Identify various types of misalignment, do alignment with feeler gauge & DTI.
- Identify various types of Bearings. Be able to remove and fit the different types of Bearings.
- Identify the Various Components on a Conveyor Belt.
- Be able to grind tool bits and drill bits for reuse.
- Other duties as instructed by the Supervisor
- Minimum of Grade 12
- Craft Certificate from recognised institution
- A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience as a qualified Fitter
- Bold initiative
- Thinking safely
- Upholding quality
- Technical Skill
- Driving quantity
- Driving attendance
- Standby and overtime where required
- Exposure to noise / dust
- Working at heights
- Working in confined spaces
To apply for this job please visit firstquantum.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com .