At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
To safely execute electrical maintenance work according to the prescribed standards ensuring the safety of self, others and Machine/Equipment.
- The incumbent will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with All Electrical MR codes.
- Assist to determine critical spare parts in order to generate strategic critical list and reasonable stock level for spare parts.
- Help design, wire or re-wire electrical circuits to improve the reliability of the electrical equipment.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Ensure that maintenance objectives are effectively communicated to optimize plant availability.
- Service, maintain and troubleshooting on Electrical Dump Truck. (Added Advantage: -Hitachi Dump truck with Trolley Assist)
- Service, maintain and troubleshooting on Electrical Shovel. (Added Advantage: -Liebherr shovel)
- Service, maintain and troubleshooting on Overhead Crane & Fixed Compressor. (Added Advantage: – Morris, Atlas Copco and Ingersoll Rand)
- Other duties as instructed by the Supervisor
- Minimum of a Grade Twelve (Grade 12)
- Technician certificate from a recognized institution
- Valid Member of EIZ and ERB
- Valid Class C Drivers’ License
- A minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience from a reputed Company with Strong Electrical Background
- High Voltage Switching above 6000 KV
- Overhead Crane Operation (will be added advantage)
To apply for this job please visit firstquantum.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com .