Job Title: Administrative & Finance Officer
Reports To: Study Manager
Location : Ndola
The Finance and Administrative Officer will be responsible for daily administrative and financial duties of the Family Connections clustered randomized trial research study. The study will evaluate the impact of Family Connections, a family-based group intervention, on achieving undetectable viral load (VL) among adolescents and young adults (AYA) ages 15-to-21 years who are living with HIV.
The Finance and Administrative Officer will provide financial and administrative support to the project, under the direction of the Study Manager. The position will initially be based in Ndola. The Finance and Administrative Officer will liaise with the FHI 360 Finance team to make sure that all financial decisions align with FHI 360 policies and standards. The Finance and Administrative Officer will also have administrative duties to support the overall execution of the study. These may include arrangement for transportation, payment to study participants, procurement, and management of the Ndola office.
Job Summaries and Responsibilities:
- Prepare financial reports for the study and meet with Study Manager to review and analyze monthly expenditures and to compare actual vs. projected budgets
- Ensure adherence to financial regulations of the project compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP) and in accordance with Government Republic of Zambia (GRZ), National Institutes of Health and Johns Hopkins University School of Public Health requirements
Participates and provides financial reporting for annual budget planning, audit reviews and
Works with confidential data, which if disclosed, might have significant internal and / or
Duties require broad conceptual judgment, initiative, and ability to deal with a wide range of
- Working with the FHI 360 Finance team, keeps abreast with the latest trends in financial accounting.
- Support the implementation of the intervention efforts and research activities: which may include procurement, participant reimbursement, and logistical arrangements.
- Support the Study Manager in developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, including MOH and staff at study sites.
- Performs other administrative and financial duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge and Skills:
- Comprehensive knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures with accounting, financial controls and financial information systems
- Is well-versed in GRZ laws and regulations that have impact on financial analysis and management controls, preference for those with experience working on NIH-funded research studies
- Has familiarity and experience with automated financial reporting, government accounting practices, Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) systems
- Sound knowledge and experience with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) practices and reporting guidelines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent and demonstrated organizational skills
- Ability to exchange information and collaborate with colleagues and peers within and outside the organization
- Possesses a full understanding of the organizational structure, policies and practices, and the impact on own area and the entire organization
- Must have excellent communication skills and able to work with individuals and groups from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent
- Membership to Zambia Institute of Certified Accountants (ZICA)
- A minimum of 5-8 years related experience in financial and administrative management
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with participants and staff.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English; preference for candidates also fluent in at least 2 local languages, Bemba and Nyanja
- Preference for a candidate who has experience supporting research studies.
The last day of receiving applications will be May 4,2021
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com .