Achieve Mis Business Analyst
Deadline of this Job:
20 May 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position Title: Consultant ACHIEVE MIS Business Analyst, Zambia
Office Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Supervisor: ACHIEVE Activity Manager
New or Replacement: New Position
Full or Short-Time: Short-term (5 months)
Expected Project End Date: 3/29/2024
1. Purpose of Position
ACHIEVE (Adolescents and Children HIV Incidence Reduction, Empowerment and Virus Elimination) is a five-year, USAID-funded global cooperative agreement with the dual objectives of attaining and sustaining HIV epidemic control among at-risk and hard to reach pregnant and breastfeeding (PBF) women, infants, children, and youth, as well as to mitigate the impact of HIV/ AIDS and prevent HIV transmission among these populations; and supporting the transition of prime funding and implementation to capable local partners in order to meet the PEPFAR goal of 70% of funding to local partners.
ACHIEVE has been funded by USAID in Zambia to implement a four-year activity which aims (1) to strengthen the capacity of the Ministry of Community Development and Social Services (MCDSS) to improve service outcomes and reduce the incidence of HIV in Vulnerable Children and Adolescents (VCA) and their families to accelerate and maintain epidemic control (2) build the capacity of the MCDSS and community structures to deliver quality social services and provide comprehensive case management for beneficiaries and (3) build MCDSS’s capacity to successfully implement Government-to-Government activities in accordance with USAID’s policies and procedures. ACHIEVE will begin Activities in Zambia in December 2020. In Zambia, ACHIEVE is lead by PACT in collaboration with Palladium.
Palladium is supporting the implementation of the project to strengthen the capacity of the Ministry of Community Development and Social Welfare (MCDSS) to improve health and social services outcomes and reduce the incidence of HIV among Vulnerable Children and Adolescents (VCA) and their families in order to accelerate and maintain HIV epidemic control in Zambia.
This assignment is based in Lusaka, Zambia.
Support the design and documentation of Case Management Information System Architecture by:
• Conducting business analysis of case management services at community level.
• Documentation and development of business process maps of case management services at community level.
• Documentation of data elements and data standards that will be captured at various stages of the process
• Documentation of data journey from collection, storage, analysis, and sharing.
• Documentation of user personas, case studies and other relevant information necessary to the design of the CMIS architecture.
• Documentation of data exchange and interoperability needs within MCDSS and with other sectors.
• Documentation of requirements for dashboard and visualization for various levels, including, community, district, provincial and national.
• Support mapping of key indicators being finalized for case management and data collection and reporting MIS.
• Support the ACHIEVE and MCDSS teams to convene the MIS technical committee meetings led by MCDSS.
Key Deliverables and technical support
• Documentation of all business processes involved in case management services for the MCDSS.
• Documentation of business process maps.
• Documentation of personas and user stories.
• Mapping for indicators, data elements, standards and data journey from collection, analysis, storage and sharing
• Documentation of data exchange and interoperability needs.
• Documentation of requirements for dashboard and visualization for various levels of the system.
• The role is part of the ACHIEVE Zambia’s Project Team and will work in coordination with US-based and regional and Zambia based technical leadership and project management staff.
Minimum education and experience required
• Masters level education in public health, health informatics, monitoring and evaluation, or another relevant field of study.
• Experience conducting business analysis to support design and development of digital architecture and interoperability across multiple systems.
• Technical experience in health information systems strengthening or digital health or similar. Experience working in digital health on a USAID-funded project strongly preferred.
• Recent work experience supporting national information systems project in Zambia (the last three years).
• Experience working at different levels of the system, from the district to the national level, in Zambia, including strong working relationships with government staffing working in strategic information and informatics.
6. Key competencies and professional expertise required
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with government officials, USAID and other development partners.
• Demonstrated understanding of information systems under MCDSS.
• Detail-oriented and deadline-driven with strong organizational skills and ability to work in a dynamic and agile environment with changing requirements and priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a fast-moving and multicultural team while maintaining a client-centered focus, and promoting diversity and inclusion across different cultures, genders, and hierarchical levels.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Sound problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Professional level of oral and written fluency in English language.
• Demonstrated knowledge of USAID’s objectives and Journey to Self-Reliance.
• Zambian work experience necessary; Zambia National preferred.
About Palladium – Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion – Palladium is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything we do. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity and expression, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or for any other circumstance, please email our team at [email protected] and we will be in touch to discuss.
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th May, 2022.