Accounting Manager – Payables
Head of Finance
About ENGIE BU Africa ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is a leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.14 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities.
With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1 million customers and more than 5 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain a leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
The Accounting Manager – Payables will play a key role on the finance and accounting team. The role is expected to actively participate in the month-end close, preparing or reviewing all monthly reconciliations, and managing other accounting team members. The Accounting Manager – Payables will report directly to the Head of Finance and work closely with all other ENGIE Energy Access Zambia departments.
- Manage the processing of all vendor payments via the bank to ensure correct documentation is in place and payments are made in compliance with process
- Manage the processing of mobile money payments and posting in SAP within correct budget line item;
- Ensure timely payment of all payment request types including VRs (through DB / CX form), field team requests via SharePoint form & email requests, PRFs.
- Organize, file, and follow up on and maintain payment support, especially that from the field team;
- Manage the entities Bank accounts to ensure all transactions are correctly accounted for and all bank accounts are fully reconciled
- Manage the cost line of the entity to ensure all expenses are fully accounted for and relevant accruals and releases are done
- Coordinate with Accounts Payable Associates to ensure meeting of month end close deadlines and accurate / complete posting of all mobile money including the below:
- Posting / reconciling of all mobile money payments
- Managing accounts payable and ensure ending supplier balances are accurate;
- Preparing and maintaining prepaid expense & fixed asset registers and track all Company assets;
- Preparing month-end reconciliations for mobile money sending, accounts payable, prepaid expenses, and fixed assets (which will be reviewed by Accounting Associate or Sr Accountant);
- Manage and ensure all month end reconciliations under the Accounts payable section and accurately done and ensure outstanding items are cleared on a timely basis.
- Liaise with external auditors during the audit process.
Culture of integrity at ENGIE Energy Access(EEA) Zambia:
- Ensure adherence to all EEA Zambia policies and procedures, maintain financial security by following and enforcing all internal controls, protect operations by keeping financial information confidential, and communicate any process gaps or potential improvements to management;
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls and protect operations by keeping financial information confidential and raising any concerns around breaches;
- Create and contribute to a culture of honesty and integrity within the Finance Department and wider EEA Zambia by leading by example of professionalism, honesty and integrity;
- Highlight risks including but not limited to team members acting outside our finance department, procurement, and ethics policies to ensure proper safeguarding of assets and mitigate against any potential unethical or fraudulent activity;
- Perform various other accounting and office administration duties, as directed by the Head of Finance.
Required Skills & Experience
- Computer, Excel skills, and accounting systems (preferably SAP)
- University degree and an advanced qualification (i.e. ACCA, CIMA)
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and 3-5 years prior experience in an operational accounting department
- Enjoys working with a team to achieve joint goals
- Demonstration of integrity and honesty
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in proposing new ways of driving accounting efficiencies
- Minimum educational qualifications required for the position
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Computer and Excel skills
- Knowledge of a Finance Tool(s)
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io .