Jobs at:Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia (CIDRZ)
Deadline of this Job:
31 March 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, March 25, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Accountant – CIDRZ LTD Ref. No AC/VY/11/03/22
Reports to General Manager. The incumbent will provide financial accounting support to ensure the business effectively and efficiently meets its objectives.
• Initiates and processes financial transactions involving income, expenses and balance sheet accounts.
• Supervision and management of sales and receipting operations by the Cashier.
• Payments processing on staff payments, vendors, statutory and regulatory remittances, etc.
• Enforcing internal controls as stipulated in the Finance and Accounting Policy Manual and other related operating policies and procedures.
• Process monthly GL reconciliations on income, expenses, and nominal ledgers to ensure accuracy of balances reported in financial statements.
• In liaison with the General Manager, prepares the annual budget and detailed supporting schedules.
• Prepares monthly budget-to-actual financial performance appraisal reports for Management’s review and decision making.
• Prepares quarterly financial performance forecasts to year-end.
• Preparation of quarterly financial reports including the income statement, statement of financial position and cashflow for Management and Board reporting.
• Preparation of annual financial statements for statutory audit.
• Management of cash transactions to ensure proper accountability of cash sales and cash receipts.
• Monitor and collect accounts receivable balances arising from credit sales extended to corporate clients in line with the Credit Sales Policy.
• Monitor and settle accounts payable balances in line with credit terms agreed upon with vendors of goods and services.
• Maintain a comprehensive fixed assets register reconciled to the GL control accounts.
• Accounting for inventory/stock by reconciling systems balances to physical stock and carrying out regular stock-counts with the Stores Manager.
• Manage compliance to statutory and regulatory obligations such as taxes, fees/levies, contributions, etc.
• Full Grade Twelve (12) Certificate.
• Degree in Accountancy or equivalent.
• Full professional qualification such as CA Zambia/CIMA/ ACCA.
• Must be a registered member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA).
• Minimum of five (5) years’ relevant post qualification experience, working in a busy finance and accounting environment.
• Must possess practical skills in management and financial reporting.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Planning and organizational skills.
• Teamwork and interpersonal communication skills.
• Risk management skills.
• Proven results-oriented attitude.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please send application letter quoting Reference Number above, relevant academic and professional certificates, and detailed CV with day-time telephone number(s) to:
CIDRZ Human Resources Director P. O. Box 34681, LUSAKA or email: [email protected]