6 Risk Community Communication and Engagement Officers
Jobs at:Zambia Red Cross Society
Deadline of this Job:
11 December 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 08, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Zambia Red Cross Society (ZRCS) is a Humanitarian Organization established in 1966 by an Act of Parliament CAP 307 of the laws of Zambia as an auxiliary institution that augments government efforts in developmental works and humanitarian assistance. ZRCS is part of the International Red Cross movement known as International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC/RC). In line with its mandate, ZRCS partners with the Government of the Republic of Zambia in responding to both man-made and natural disasters, including epidemics.
Currently, ZRCS is part of a consortium of actors that has joined hands with the Ministry of Health (MOH) through a multi-sectoral approach in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic. One of the key thematic areas that the NS is actively supporting is RCCE with the objective of contributing to the reduction of COVID-19 transmission through social mobilization activities to encourage uptake of the measures put by the MOH and also prepare the community to accept the uptake of the vaccine.
The National Society therefore, invites applications from dynamic, qualified and experienced individuals to take up the position of;
6 Risk Communication and Community Engagement Officers,
Reporting to: Health and Care Manager
Workplace: Lusaka, Chirundu, Livingstone, Kitwe, Solwezi and Kapiri-Mposhi districts.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details: As soon as possible/18 months
The COVID-19 RCCE Officer will support the Health and Care Manager in the areas of COVID-19 Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) and demand generation. She/he will provide leadership for strategic planning, coordination, and work planning related to COVID-19 to increase adherence to the Five Golden Rules and generate demand for COVID-19 vaccinations within the district of operation.
The Officer will work closely with MOH and Strategic Line Ministries such as the Ministry of General Education, Local Government, the Department of Chiefs and Traditional Affairs at the Office of the Vice President COVID-19 preventive measures.
The Officer will be an active member of relevant technical working groups, support collaboration and coordination of activities with strategic partners to the RCCE, and provide weekly updates on COVID-19 response.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Conduct training of ZRCS volunteers/Staff in Risk Communication, Community Engagement (RCCE) for effective delivery of service in district of operation
• Provide technical oversight, strategic direction, coordination, and support to the implementation of COVID-19 RCCE and demand generation activities in the district of operation
• Represent ZRCS at planned and adhoc meetings on COVID 19 roll out
• Convene RCCE meetings, ensuring effective collaboration and coordination with strategic partners within district of operation
• Monitor rumors and misinformation and provide scientifically proven information to counter such issues
• Support MOH in the utilization of COVID-19 data capturing and monitoring tool for quality data collection, analysis and reporting
• Engage with the key stakeholders to support effective communication about COVID-19 vaccination
• Participate in preparing reports to measure the progress on the COVID 19 vaccine uptake, coverage, safety and effectiveness
• Disseminate key messages to targeted groups about the vaccines in the district of operation ensuring inclusiveness to all.
• Support the MOH through the Health Promotion Unit to increase demand and uptake for COVID-19 prevention measures and vaccines.
• Support the MOH through Health Promotions Unit to develop, adapt, and review COVID-19 prevention evidence based materials such as IEC materials and job aids for capacity building.
• Keep updated a repository of approved resources that can be shared with other partners
• Effectively manage stakeholder relationships such as MoH and other key partners
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
• Degree in Social Science, Public Health, Nursing or other related Health degree
• Qualification in Communication for development will be an added advantage
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience working with Government entities and the Private sector
• In-depth understanding of current evidence based strategies for prevention of COVID-19 and best practices for vaccine demand generation
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
• Ability to work in a team
• Ability to travel frequently
• Proficiency in MS Office and internet applications.
• Zambia Red Cross Volunteers / who meet the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To apply click this link below.
Closing date for receiving applications: 11th December 2021
Zambia Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer. ZRCS has not engaged any agent for this recruitment and NO APPLICATION FEE IS CHARGED.