6 District PMTCT Program Officers
Jobs at:Eastern Provincial Health Office - Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Supported Project
Deadline of this Job:
08 September 2021
Within Zambia , Chipata, Petauke, Katete, Lundazi, Sinda and Nyimba , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, September 02, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Eastern Provincial Health Office under the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) Project through a Cooperative Agreement (CoAg) with the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the positions listed below to be employed on a one-year renewable contract subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
Job Title: District PMTCT Program Officer (6) Positions
Station: Chipata, Petauke, Katete, Lundazi, Sinda and Nyimba District Health Offices
Job Purpose: To supervise the provision of Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission (PMTCT) Services in order to achieve elimination of vertical transmission of HIV.
• Supervises effectively HIV case identification in pregnant and breastfeeding women and children born from HIV positive mothers in order to facilitate linkage to treatment.
• Supervises effectively treatment of HIV Positive pregnant & breast-feeding women and Infants in order to achieve viral load suppression and reduce the HIV transmission.
• Undertakes effectively monitoring of viral load in HIV positive pregnant and breastfeeding women in order to facilitate appropriate clinical interventions.
• Supervises effectively implementation of retention strategies among pregnant and breastfeeding women and infants living with HIV in order to achieve improved clinical outcomes.
• Undertakes effectively monitoring and evaluation of Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission (PMTCT) programs in order to facilitate appropriate interventions.
• Coordinates and undertakes effectively capacity building programs in order to impart knowledge and skills.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
• Full Form 5/ Grade 12 School Certificate or equivalent
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing and Midwifery or equivalent
• Minimum Three (3) years relevant Pre-Job Experience
• Ability to write comprehensive reports
• Ability to communicate effectively in English
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Qualified candidates should clearly indicate the position they are applying for and should send their credentials to:
The Provincial Health Director Mailing Address: P.O. Box 510023, Hospital Road, Chipata attaching the following:
• A formal application letter or cover letter;
• A current CV;
• Photocopies of all professional certificates and
• Contact information for at least three professional references.