4 Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officers
Deadline of this Job:
30 July 2021
Within Zambia , Eastern, Luapula, Muchinga and Southern Province , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Family Health and Nutrition Project (FHN) is a five-year, USAID-funded project that will contribute to reduction of maternal mortality and under five mortality through collaboration with Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ), Ministry of Health (MOH), communities and other local partners to improve health system performance and to deliver high-quality, accessible reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health and nutrition (RMNCAH&N) care. Working in four provinces, Eastern, Luapula, Muchinga, and Southern, FHN will work with MOH provincial and district counterparts to deliver high-quality services, strengthen health systems, and increase community engagement.
Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University . For 40 years in East and Southern Africa, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions that strengthen the delivery of health care services, following the household-to-hospital continuum of care. Jhpiego partners with organizations from the community to the national levels, building sustainable, local capacity through advocacy, policy development, human resources for health and quality and performance improvement approaches. For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org .
Jhpiego seeks candidates for the following position(s):
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer (4)
Reports to: Provincial Technical Assistant Lead
Positions supervised: None
Location: Eastern, Luapula, Muchinga and Southern Province
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Officer will be accountable for FHN MEL activities in the province in line with FHN MEL plan including monitoring project indicators, supporting the provincial team in preparing and submitting routine project reports for the province. The MEL officer will also guide preparation of province-level dashboard using the FHN digital data capture and management system.
• Lead MEL activities within assigned province
• Coordinated FHN provincial team’s contribution to routine reports, consolidate contributions, and submit provincial reports.
• Support FHN team to collect, review, and analyze data from service quality assessments, performance assessments, and mentorship.
• Prepare and share monthly provincial FHN performance bulletins.
• Support FHN province team in use of digital data collection tools.
• Identify success stories topics and support team to draft stories.
• Establish and foster relationships with implementing partner MEL staff as required to present comprehensive.
• Monitor provincial team’s adherence to FHN knowledge management standards, recommending corrective actions as required.
• Organize provincial learning events in line the FHN learning strategy.
• Support FHN’s provincial HMIS Advisor.
• Bachelors in related field.
• 6-7 years in successful field implementation and management of M&E programs in RMNCH.
• Understanding of MOH quality assessment and quality improvement approaches.
• Strong data analysis and data management skills
• Ability to work with a diverse team to achieve results
• Technical skills in monitoring and evaluation, including at least 4-5 of the following:
• Data quality improvement
• Timely data analysis, synthesis and communication of results
• Design and implementation of program monitoring systems
• Development and field-testing of data collection instruments for M&E indicators
• Capacity to translate complex data systems and results into understandable lessons learned and action priorities for programmatic and other technical staff
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae in a single document, stating the position in the subject line (position – location) to the Human Resources Manager: [email protected] .
Kindly note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date is Friday 30th July, 2021 .