Jobs at:Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC)
Deadline of this Job:
15 October 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 12, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Senior Community Liaison Officer (3 Positions)
Since the 1970’s, the University of Maryland, Baltimore has been engaged in critical global health initiatives around the world. In September 2009, the Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) was formed as a nonprofit affiliate of the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) to help support the implementation of UMB international programs. UMB, through MGIC, currently has offices in Botswana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Zambia. MGIC’s administrative operations support the research and clinical programs of the School of Medicine, Institute of Human Virology (IHV) and Center for International Health, Education & Biosecurity (Ciheb), and other UMB entities.
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) Baltimore, USA, with funding from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), is implementing the Community Impact to Reach Key and Underserved Individuals for Treatment and Support (CIRKUITS) grant in Southern, Western and Lusaka provinces. The goal of the CIRKUITS grant is to scale up comprehensive community-based intervention to interrupt HIV transmission in the targeted regions by creating systems wherein each HIV-infected person is identified and linked to care, while uninfected but at-risk persons are guided towards interventions to minimize risk of HIV acquisition.
MGIC is looking for suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Senior Community Liaison officer to support the scale up of the Key Population Investment Funds (KPIF) model and support the implementation of National Institute of Health grants through the CIRKUITS project.
This role shall perform the following functions
Duties and responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the HIV Care & Treatment (HCT) Technical Lead as well as the UMB Research Coordinator, the Community Liaison Officer (CLO) will:
• Provide technical support to the Key Population Civil Society organizations in scaling up community-based HIV prevention and testing services
• Implement the safety and security plan at community level and ensure KPs accessed HIV services without stigma and discrimination
• Scale up social network testing strategy and Index testing services as the two main HIV testing modalities
• Collaborate with the facility and follow up ART clients that have missed their clinical appointments and ensure they are re-engaged into care
• Support the KP-CSO in ensuring that all HIV infected KPs on treatment have their viral loads done and achieve viral suppression
• Train and Mentor peer promoters in HIV testing services and linkage to care.
• Collaborate with other community based civil society to promote up-take of HIV Testing services
• Mentor the peer promoters in collecting and entering data in the electronic community health information system a DHIS based platform.
• Support the implementation of the community-based research grants
Position: Senior Community Liaison Officer (positions x 3)
• Grade 12 School certificate
• Degree in Social Work, Community development or Public health or any related social sciences.
• Certificate in HIV psychosocial Counseling with experience in index testing and social network testing strategy
• 3 years of work experience with HIV Counseling and Testing
• Registered with the Zambia counseling council
• Certified HIV Tester
• Familiar with data collection using the DHIS tracker
• Computer literacy in Excel, Power point and Word
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.