PrEP Exposure Prophylaxis Nurse
Jobs at:Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia (CIDRZ)
Deadline of this Job:
16 May 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Location – Livingstone (4), Lusaka (11), Ndola (6), Luanshya (4), Kitwe (4), Chingola (4), and Mufulira (4).
Reports to the DREAMS Centre Coordinator, the PrEP Exposure Prophylaxis Nurse provides PrEP to at-risk young women in the DREAMS centers under the CHEKUP I project.
• Conducts pre-PrEP initiation counselling.
• Takes structured sexual, drug use and medical history. Measures vital signs (blood pressure and body temperature), perform phlebotomy.
• Conducts point-of-care tests (HIV antibody), screen for sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
• Provides counselling on PrEP use and adherence, family planning and contraception, and STIs.
• Fills prescriptions, including labelling, and dispense medications.
• Coordinates with DREAMS site level staff to provide information on PrEP and counselling on adherence, HIV prevention, sexual health and contraception.
• Updates PrEP registers and coordinate effective data entry into PrEP electronic management system.
• Coordinates PrEP appointment book and initiates the tracking of clients who miss clinical and pharmacy appointments by working with DREAMS Site Mobilization Officers/Connectors and Mentors.
• Works closely with the ART clinician, adherence supporters (CHWs and Counsellors) and other clinical staff to ensure linkage of services between the community and the facility.
• Full grade 12 certificate
• Diploma in Nursing or Midwifery
• At least 2 years working experience, and associated training in PrEP, ART or PMTCT
• Experience working with young people in general, and adolescents in particular
• Effective communication with other staff, CHWs, mobilizers and clients.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and to organize and prioritize competing activities
• Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
• Flexibility, patience, dedication and creative thinking
• Experience in management (Desirable)
• Experience working with Microsoft Office suite i.e. Word, Excel
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th May, 2022