2 Witness Liaison Officer –Salary Scale
Jobs at:National Prosecution Authority
Deadline of this Job:
30 September 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, September 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The National Prosecution Authority (NPA) is an autonomous body established by the NPA Act No. 34 of 2010. Its mission is to “provide prosecution services to contribute to a crime free Zambia”.
In its quest to improve service delivery, NPA is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions:
1. Witness Liaison Officer –Salary Scale NPA/05 – Two (02) Positions
Reports to: State Advocate
Duty Station: NPA Solwezi and Mansa
Main Job Purpose:
To ensure that all witnesses attending court hearings have a clear understanding of hearing processes and procedures and are provided sufficient support both beforehand and on the day of a hearing to enable them to present their evidence in a clear and understandable manner.
Specific Duties and Requirements:
• Provides crisis counselling and direct advocacy services to victims/ witnesses by advocating for their rights and expressing their feelings and needs to prosecutors, judges, and probation officers.
• Acts as liaison between victims/witnesses and prosecutor, law enforcement, corrections, medical, social work and court personnel to convey information and assist in resolving problems related to hostile or unwilling witnesses, specific treatment plans for offenders, violations of no-contact orders, and court security.
• Educates victims/witnesses and their families about the Victim Rights Act and other aspects of the judicial system that pertain to their situation.
• Refers victims/witnesses and their families to various community resources by assessing needs, locating appropriate options and proposing available choices to victims/witnesses so that early and on-going needs are addressed and the effects of the victimization are minimized.
• Monitors the progress of each assigned case by attending hearings and trials and consulting with prosecutors to ensure that the Victim Rights are recognized and protected.
Qualifications and Work Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Criminal Justice or the behavioralc sciences.
• One year of post qualification experience in a counseling or advocacy capacity.
• Excellent oral and written skills for purposes of advocacy and preparation of legal documents
• Skills and Other Attributes
• Experience of working with witnesses or members of the public in a regulatory body or in a similar organisation.
• Highly organised, proactive individual who enjoys working in a complex, fast-paced environment.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applications accompanied with certified copies of Academic Certificates and Curriculum Vitae, should be directed to the Office of the Chief Administrator using the following address:
The Chief Administrator
National Prosecution Authority
Plot BLX 29B, Independence Avenue
P.O Box 33970, Ridgeway
The closing date for receiving application documents is Friday, 30th September, 2022.
NPA is an equal opportunity employer. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates for interviews will be contacted.