2 Social and Behavioural Change Specialist
Jobs at:John Snow Health Zambia Limited
Deadline of this Job:
16 December 2021
Within Zambia , Kitwe , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, December 10, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title: 2 Social and Behavioural Change Specialist
Department/Unit: Technical, Behavioural Interventions Unit
Locations: Lusaka, Kitwe
Duration: Full-Time position
Reports to: Director, Behavioural Interventions
The USAID Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health) Activity is a five-year project to expand the availability and accessibility of high-quality health products and services in the private sector, improve health knowledge, and increase the adoption of healthy and health-seeking behaviors. The program will employ private sector approaches such as marketing, social franchising, and partnerships with for-profit entities to achieve these outcomes. USAID ZAM-Health is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH) in partnership with JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), Media 365 and PharmAccess.
The Social and Behavior Change (SBC) Specialist leads and participates in behavior change communication (BCC) and social mobilization activities and events aimed at increasing awareness about a range of health services and products with the objective of increasing uptake and utilization. Health services and products include family planning (FP) and reproductive health (RH), maternal and child health(MNCH), HIV/AIDs treatment and therapy, and related other services as identified. The Specialist supports the implementation of the ZAM-Health social mobilization and SBC strategy through engaging and forging strategic partnerships with traditional and other community leaders. They are part of the Behavioural Interventions team and work under the technical direction of the SBC Senior Advisor and Behavioural Interventions Director.
• Lead the implementation of the ZAM-Health demand-creation strategy, including aspects of advocacy, community mobilization, and behavior change communication with the goal of improving project outcomes;
• Contribute to the formation and strengthening of SBC interventions in USAID ZAM-Health sites.
• Coordinate the role-out and effective use of MOH and project-approved communication tools and materials;
• Work closely with the ZAM-Health Social Marketing team to ensure a coordinated approach in all ZAM-Health BCC activities;
• Contribute to the development of SBC related strategies consistent with basic SBC principles, and incorporating innovative, multi-faceted delivery channels;
• Work with advertising/creative agencies in the development and production of campaign materials and products;
• Contribute to the development and/or adaptation of context specific SBC related messaging and materials, and training;
• Establish networks and strategic partnerships to enable sustainable implementation of community-led health promotion activities;
• Implementation of SBC campaigns;
• Effectively and efficiently engage chiefdoms, religious and other community leaders to increase demand and utilization of ZAM-Health services and products;
• Develop, mentor, and coach ZAM-Health Officers;
• Implement and adhere to JSH’s personnel, financial, operations and fraud management policies;
• Other duties as assigned by the Director – Behavioural Interventions or other managers, consistent with the project objectives.
Qualifications and Skills
• BA in social work, public health, adult education, development studies or diploma in clinical medicine or public health nursing.
• At least five (4) years’ experience in the area of community mobilization and/or SBC for HIV/AIDS, MNCH and/or RH/FP services and products;
• Good working knowledge of culturally appropriate community mobilization strategies for AIDS, MNCH and/or RH/FP services and products;
• Ability to train, coach and mentor ZAM-Health officers in effective and results oriented community mobilization approaches;
• Ability to engage groups of people on HIV/AIDS, MNCH, and RH/FP;
• Outstanding communication skills including excellent spoken and written English and fluency in at least two local languages;
• Good writing skills;
• Respectful and able to confidently interact with traditional, religious and other community leaders to leverage social mobilization opportunities and platforms;
• Ability to travel frequently to both urban and rural communities.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Send an application via email ONLY to [email protected] . In the subject line please indicate the position you are applying for; only those applications that reference the position in the subject line will be reviewed. Your application should consist of a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information.
Please note that you do not need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: 16TH December, 2021
John Snow Health Zambia, Limited is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.