2 Lecturers in Nursing
Jobs at:Northrise University
Deadline of this Job:
20 April 2022
Within Zambia , Ndola , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Lecturers in Nursing (X2)
• Teaching fundamental undergraduate and graduate Nursing and Public Health courses.
• Assistance with administration of the undergraduate and graduate School of Nursing program.
• Designing, developing and participating in students urban and rural clinical training experiences.
Job Purpose and Required Skills
• Highly professional with ability to work to strict deadlines.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Develops strategies to teach course content for the entire term/semester including instructional objectives, assignments, textbooks, weight of grades and delivery methods.
• Develops and provides to students, approved Northrise University syllabi and modules that follow a template established by the University, which includes terminal course objectives.
• Organizes, prepares and regularly revises and updates all course materials.
• Incorporates higher-level learning (i.e. application, analysis, synthesis and evaluation) by giving students opportunities to develop information literacy and problem-solving skills, and by connecting their current study to lab assignments and previous/future study in the related disciplines.
• Adheres to University policies regarding disciplinary problems, including plagiarism or cheating.
• Models exceptional verbal and written communication.
• Organizes and sequences topics in a logical progression and paces the delivery to meet the needs of the class.
• Utilizes educational technology (such as PowerPoint, remote access to syllabi and grades, classroom projection systems, online courses or course components with interactive capabilities) to enhance learning.
• Establishes positive classroom relationships with students by being actively engaged in the classroom and lab. Provides opportunities for in-class discussions and questions and displays enthusiasm about the students, the subject matter, and the learning process.
• Treats students’ academic needs seriously by being accessible for academic consultation before or after class, via phone or e-mail.
• Creates an interactive classroom environment.
• Provides on going supervision to students in the clinical areas
• Demonstrates clinical nursing procedures to students
• Works with other staff and partners, and other stakeholders in the provision of conducive learning experiences for students in the classroom and in the clinical areas.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
• College-level nursing teaching experience and several years’ nursing experience
• Master’s degree in Nursing or Nursing Education.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All applicants should submit a typed cover letter of not more than two pages that clearly states the position applied for; the academic and professional qualifications they possess; and the major achievements in their previous and/or current job. Furthermore, the Curriculum vitae should be current, not more than five pages long, clearly state the duration(s) and nature of their past and current work experience; and include at least four traceable referees.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be communicated to. Additionally, all shortlisted applicants will be required to present certificates of verification/validation of all their academic and professional qualifications from the Zambia Qualifications Authority during the interviews.
All applications should be received by the undersigned by 24th April, 2022 to:
Human Resource Officer
30029 Kitwe-Ndola Dual Carriage Highway
P O Box 240271
Email at: [email protected]