Jobs at:WaterAid Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
06 June 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, June 03, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Locations: Sesheke (4), Mwandi (3), Kazungula(4), Livingstone(4) Districts.
Deadline: 6th June, 2022
The purpose of this assessment is to assess the baseline status and compare results with follow-up assessment post intervention. This baseline will focus on assessing the current level of understanding among the communities that will receive the face-to-face community intervention on hygiene behaviours linked to COVID-19, assessing prevalent knowledge, reported behaviours, social norms, COVID-19 status, vaccine status and its confidence and hesitancy. This assessment will also assess the actual practices of the households linked to COVID-19 behaviours (hands, mask, distance and vaccine). The information generated from this assessment will inform the current level of understanding and practices focusing on critical behaviours (handwashing with soap, mask use, physical distancing, and vaccine uptake and confidence). We expect to get gain critical insights into disaggregated audiences; women, older people and disabled.
The specific objectives are:
To assess the prevalent hygiene, COVID-19 and vaccine knowledge, reported behaviours social norms in target communities.
To assess the actual practices of key hygiene behaviours linked to COVID- 19 and COVID-19 vaccination status at household level.
To conduct formative research to understand the behavioural determinants on vaccine confidence, hesitancy and uptake.
WaterAid Zambia is seeking 15 enumerators to conduct the Household survey in Sesheke (4), Mwandi (3), Kazungula(4), Livingstone(4) Districts.
• The selected enumerators will be required to attend a three-day training at a communicated venue
• The selected enumerators will be required to travel to the areas of project implementation where the survey will be conducted
• The selected enumerators will conduct interviews with residents in assigned areas by following research sampling guidelines
• The selected enumerators will be responsible for daily completion of interview forms
• The selected enumerators will be required to maintain confidentiality of personal protected information
• Ability to gain trust of respondents and explain the process to people being interviewed
Qualifications of the enumerators needed
• . Good interpersonal skills. Enumerators must be able to interact with people from a variety of backgrounds and explain the survey to the Households respondents
• Ability to conduct behaviour centred surveys
• Ability to facilitate Focus Group Discussions
• Good communication skills. Have the ability to positively explain him/herself to respondents
• Strong technology skills. Enumerators will use their smartphones to record and enter responses.
• Attention to detail. Enumerators will be required to carefully follow instructions relating to the selection of respondents and recording of responses.
• Honest and Committed. Have the ability to collect clear data as instructed by program M&E
• Available to work full-time for the duration of the survey.
• Must understand and fluently speak English, Tonga and/or Lozi language to be able to facilitate responses and fill in the questionnaires
• Must be a youth male or female with qualifications that are Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH)/Health related from a reputable University. Facilitation skills and M&E certificate will be an added advantage
Qualified candidates from the targeted districts are encouraged to apply
Duration of the assignment
The activity will be done on 11 (eleven) consecutive days in all 4 Districts of Western and Southern Provinces and the enumerator will be required to attend a 3-day training in preparation for the study.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Send a cover letter and CV to [email protected] clearly indicating the District you are applying to work in by Monday 6th June, 2022 12:00 hours
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted