Manage the Company’s liquidity and cash flow ensuring business needs are met in a cost effective and prudent manner.
Manage and oversee funds requests, transfers and payment processing and relationship management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and implement processes and frameworks for managing Company’s liquidity and risk in line with Group Treasury policies.
- Develop and implement strategies to meet Company’s short, medium and long term financing needs ensuring alignment with the Company’s goals and objectives and the Group’s strategy.
- Manage the Company’s daily cash flows/ liquidity and ensure availability of funds to meet the company’s operations and all likely contingencies.
- Prepare cash forecasts and manage cash flows/cycles ensuring availability of adequate funds to meet Company’s daily operational requirements.
- Identify the need and request for funds from Group as required thru the cash call process.
- Recommend strategies for raising necessary funds to facilitate the realization of the group’s operational and corporate objectives.
- Oversee the transfer of funds between banks and the Group.
- Validate all supplier and vendor payments and ensure that all requests for payment are supported with valid invoices/ receipts and other supporting documents in line with Company’s financial policies.
- Oversee the disbursement of cash ensuring compliance with defined policies and procedures.
- Establish and manage relationships with key bankers and investors.
- Participate/ provide inputs in the review of Company’s bankers ensuring compliance with Service Level Agreements.
- Manage the unit’s budget, review and approve expenditures as defined in the approved manual of authority.
- Continually identify new banking service opportunities and provide recommendations and/ or business case for adoption of such services.
- Perform bank reconciliation with GL accountant and ensure that book balance always tie up with bank balance.
- Collect all bank documents, statements and certificates for record purposes as well as during review both by internal and independent auditor.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
Education and Work Experience:
- Full Grade 12 certificate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics or other related discipline.
- Relevant professional certification (e.g. ZICA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA).
- Minimum of four (4) years relevant work experience.
Skills and Behaviours:
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislation relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Strong finance and accounting knowledge, including experience with International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Significant experience in the use of financial systems particularly SAPS.
- Good leadership and collaboration with peers and cross functional teams.
- Good problem solving skills
- High ethical standards and integrity
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: