Reporting to the Mining Manager, the Manager, Technical Services will manage mining related technical services to ensure the value of resource is maximised and meets the expectations of investors and senior management.
- Develop and implement the Technical Services department standards in accordance with international and company standards i.e. planning cost schedules
- Ensuring technical costs are safely deferred or minimised and do not adversely impact production efficiency
- Manage revenue optimisation through coordinating and ensuring that mine plans and costs are safely and efficiently optimised
- Accountable for ensuring technical services are always available to the business and never adversely impact production or halt the production process
- Together with Human Resources, build a successful Technical Service team – recruit, develop and manage staff to ensure optimal performance
Key Skills & Experience:
- 10+ years’ post qualification working experience
- BSc in Mining Engineering or Geology
- Demonstrated proficiency in mine planning, geological modelling with strong knowledge
- in mechanised underground hard rock mining
- Mentoring qualities, ability share knowledge to others
- Expat experience in Africa would be preferred
- Strong leader required
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com .