IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $90 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.
IREX seeks qualified Senior Media Specialist candidates for an anticipated USAID-funded media support project in Zambia. The Senior Media Specialist will be based in Lusaka and will provide technical leadership to the project.
Only citizens of Zambia or residents with work authorization will be considered. This position is contingent on funding.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the COP in providing strategic and technical leadership to the program
- Fulfill the responsibilities of the Chief of Party in his/her absence
- Oversee and monitor quality of organizational capacity development to local organizations
- Ensure program activities are implemented on schedule and within budget
- Supervise, manage, and mentor program staff and work in close coordination with IREX’s home office
- Perform other duties, as assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Zambian citizenship or residency with work authorization
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required; master’s degree preferred
- At least five (5) years of progressive international experience working in journalism, media sector strengthening and reform, civic engagement, or related fields in Zambia
- In-depth familiarity with the challenges faced by Zambian media system actors
- Familiarity with the key government stakeholders, relevant private sector actors and civil society organizations working on media issues, and an understanding of the dynamics and relationships among them
- Significant experience in managing similar donor-funded development projects
- Experience on USAID-funded project(s) highly preferred; knowledge of USAID regulations and procedures
- Substantial experience in implementing complex media development projects
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively on the technical aspects of implementation with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Proven track record of working effectively with other projects, media and civil society, high-level host country host government counterparts, and other international partners
- Must possess the technical, managerial and communication skills to assume all related responsibilities of the COP position on a full-time basis if needed
- Effective oral and written communication credentials
- Strong representational and organizational skills
Click on “Apply” below to submit your CV along with a cover letter that summarizes your experience and includes your salary range expectations.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com .