Middle Management role reporting to Audit & Risk Manager. It will be responsible for performing audits of functions and activities as assigned by Internal Audit Management. Work will involve leading in the conduct of performance, financial, and compliance audit assignments and providing consulting services to the Authority’s Management and staff. It will also assist in assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls, governance, and risk management processes.
- Identify and recommend changes to the audit universe and participate in risk identification and assessment process and preparation of the risk-based Annual Audit plan,
- Perform financial, operational and compliance audits of assigned functions, business processes, and application controls in supporting ICT systems including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence and documenting client processes and procedures,
- Develop the planning memo, preliminary survey, and audit program for each audit assignment,
- Lead the audit team in the execution of the audit program during fieldwork including documenting, evaluating, and testing systems and controls to determine their adequacy and effectiveness,
- Identify, develop, and document audit issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed,
- Prepare and maintain work papers, review working papers prepared by internal auditors, following up on clearance of review points, and evaluating the sufficiency and appropriateness of audit evidence to support conclusions drawn,
- Prepare the draft audit report reflecting an overview of the function reviewed, conclusions regarding the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls and operational efficiencies,
- Supervise and coach internal auditors throughout the audit to ensure conformity with the standards,
- Follow up and report on the implementation of internal and external audit recommendations to validate resolution of the issues,
- Develop and maintain productive client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings,
- Performing audits procedures of business processes, functions, and application controls in supporting IT systems, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence and documenting client processes and procedures,
- Appraise staff after each audit assignment, quarterly, semi-annual and annual basis, and
- communicates or assists in communicating the results of the audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to auditees.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 School Certificate with five (5) ‘O’ levels ( credit or better).
- Bachelor of accountancy,
Competencies required for this Role
- Bachelor of Accountancy,
- Certifications in ACCA/CIA/CISA/CA- Zambia,
- Must be a fully paid-up member of ZICA,
- At least 5 years of working experience in internal or external Audit,
- CISA certification added advantage.
To apply for this job please visit careers.nhima.co.zm .