Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
Generate, analyse and present risk based information to internal stakeholders, regulatory and compliance bodies.
Responsible for computing and validation of key impairment drivers, ensuring model accuracy and portfolio performance. Responsible for providing internal stakeholders with timely management information key for decision making
- Be a complete back-up to Portfolio MI Analyst and be able to cover in his/her absence.
- Develop MI framework (daily, weekly and monthly MI) for reporting to senior management.
- Ensure submission of all internal standard MIs by the respective stipulated time:
- o Daily Collections MIs, Portal MIs and Recoveries MI
- o Monitoring and Control MIs by 1pm.
- o Daily Impairment numbers by COB
- o Daily Errors MI by COB
- o Daily Extraction of Debt Manager vs. Core banking system data
- o Daily Re-Age/Settlement/Restructure MIs by COB
- Obtain detailed reports for any skewed performance of the portfolio (both negative and positive) from responsible stakeholders within 3 hors of circulation of Daily MI.
- Daily extraction of raw and aggregated data to detect loans processing errors.
- Monthly extraction of accounts with operational errors for conformance action
- Perform monthly segmentation analysis to identify profitable segments for new booking.
- Run extracts every month by WD5 to capture all accounts for Re-age, settlement and classification and send to CLOE team. After 3 days, run another extract to check processing errors on re-age and get confirmation from CLOE of 100% accurate completion of the re-age account.
- Prepare accounts on monthly basis to Collections for write-offs and afterwards ensure that accounts have been correctly written-off.
- Extract ad-hoc reports as per request from line manager .
- Provide full analytical support for scheme invoicing team through out the month and validate outputs.
- Weekly duplication of data onto local servers by Friday, 4pm.
- Monthly update of accounts to the Credit reference bureau by the 10th of every month
- Review individual performance against agreed objectives. (self)
- Develop and agree individual performance standards and targets. (self)
- Identify training needs and recommend training plans to satisfy those needs.
- Maintain staff costs within budget
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Absa Operational Risk Framework and internal Absa Policies and Standards
Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
To apply for this job please visit absa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com .