Reports to: Chief Finance Officer
To assist the Director Finance in developing and implementing the financial strategy, by ensuring finance objectives are realized in a timely manner and within acceptable quality standards.
- Prepare annual finance budgets and measure the performance of the Bank against budgets;
- Manage the cash flow of the Bank;
- Guide investments on partially funded projects and ensure funds are ring-fenced for such projects;
- Design strategies and ratios that will assist the Bank to improve on the Non-Performing Loans;
- Produce reports on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis;
- Prepare and coordinate audits up to completion;
- Coordinate financial management activities such as management of FOREX to mitigate foreign exchange risks, liquidity risks and interest rate;
- Ensure timely and correct posting of entries in the various systems of the Bank;
- Supervise the preparation of payroll and other payables and receivables
- Set performance standards for the Finance Team;
- Undertake such other assignments as required in furtherance of the Department’s mandate and performing any other duties as may be required by the Director Finance from time to time.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Full Grade 12 School Certificate or its equivalent, with credits or better in English and Mathematics.
- Bachelor of Accountancy Degree from an accredited institution or Full ACCA/CIMA/CA .
- Member of Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA).
- Not less than eight (8) years of banking experience in a senior position.
Interested candidates who meet the minimum qualifications should submit application letters, enclosing their curriculum vitae and certified copies of their certificates to: The Managing Director, Development Bank of Zambia, P.O Box 33955, Lusaka. The closing date for receiving applications is 8th January 2021, and envelopes should be clearly marked with the position being applied for.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]