About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- To remediate daily inward and outward payments daily, weekly and monthly
- Review daily submissions to Bank of Zambia Portal of electronic Balance of payments
- Maintain record of pending remediation files shared with Business
- Ensure daily reporting into Bank Of Zambia is happening
- Ensure Bank of Zambia Month end reporting is done before deadline date
- Remediate all Bank of Zambia outstanding Queries
- To ensure compliance with Bank Of Zambia electronic Balance of payments requirements
Ensure that reporting of Bank Of Zambia Electronic Balance of payments is compliant and submitted as per BOZ guidelines
- Ensure excellent quality of service
- Achievement daily reporting
- Achievement of Bank of Zambia payment guidelines
- Ensure adherence to the Group and local DOI and process notes in the processing of all activities
- Continuously update the DOI to reflect current practices.
People and Talent
Continuously upgrade and develop new skills using the available internal and external platforms for knowledge sources.
- Understands products and target market as well as the risk associated with the business
- Understands the relevant law, regulations and practices to understand how they increase/ mitigate risk
- Fully comply with all policies and procedures and KCS to achieve satisfactory audit grades in local & Group audits
- Ensure you remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank’s efforts in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to: identifying your customer, knowing your customer, reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to customers.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the [Zambia, Servicing & Transacting business unit, dealing with Retails Assets operations to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.]*
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Front line staff
- GBS team
- Degree / Diploma (or equivalent) in banking related field
- Minimum two years work experience
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Power Point, and the use of other spreadsheets);
- Sound knowledge of banking practice and theory.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.
To apply for this job please visit scb.taleo.net .