The Zambia National Building Society (ZNBS) is the provider of sustainable and affordable Mortgage Financing, Banking and Property Management Services in Zambia. ZNBS seeks to recruit a qualified, skilled, self motivated, dynamic, energetic and performance driven individual to fill the position of Manager Internal Audit under Internal Audit Department.
To manage and conduct financial, compliance and performance audit assignments, and provide consulting services to management and staff, as well as to provide major input to the Annual Audit Plan and coach, train and supervise internal audit staff. The position reports to Head Internal Audit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To supervise the identification and evaluation of the organization’s risk areas and oversees the development of Annual Audit plan, which is approved by the Board, relevant and focuses on the areas of key and significant risk to the Society.
- To lead staff in planning internal audit operations, including assisting in training and evaluating staff and taking corrective actions to address performance problems.
- To lead or supervise audit staff in gathering audit evidence, reviewing documents, reviewing audit papers in order to gather enough, relevant audit evidence.
- To assist in monitoring implementation of audit recommendations through follow-up audits to ensure that agreed action points are being done.
- To assist in developing and maintaining productive client, staff and management relationships through individual contacts and group meetings in order to maintain professional working relationships
- To pursue personal development opportunities: including internal and external training and professional association membership for improved quality of work and continuous improved processes.
- To lead or supervise special audits for management aimed at detecting any irregularities, reporting them and thereafter recommend controls for their prevention.
- To agree, monitor and review performance of subordinates to ensure that they meet their performance objectives.
- To assist the Head Internal Audit to prepare ad hoc, monthly, quarterly and annual audit reports which are submitted to the Audit Committee of the Board.
- To perform any other duties as assigned by the Head Internal Audit from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Full grade twelve certificate
- Minimum Degree in Accounting, ACCA, CIMA or any related field
- At least 5 years auditing experience preferably as Audit Manager in Audit Firms or Financial/Banking Sector.
- Member of ZlCA or Institute of Internal Auditors
Required Competencies and Personal Attributes:
- Knowledge of auditing, banking and accounting principles and practices
- Skills in conducting quality control reviews of audit work
- Forensic audit skills
- Operating knowledge of and experience with Word processing, spreadsheets.
- Competency in accounting, banking and auditing software
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job
- Good Communication skills- both written and oral
- High level of honesty, integrity, objectivity and independence of thought
Method of Application
Appropriately qualified and interested candidates meeting the above credentials must submit application letters enclosing detailed curriculum vitae (CV), traceable referees and copies of academic/professional qualifications to the undersigned or via email address before close of business with the position applied for clearly stated.
The Director Human Resources,
Zambia National Building Society,
Century House, Floor, Cairo Road,
PO Box 30420,
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted