Manager Collections and Recoveries – ZNBS 4, Head Office
To manage existing collections processes across all loan product lines for both Unsecured and Secured portfolios.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the collections process is efficient and compliant with local laws and regulations.
- To manage and control Collections and Recoveries strategies and campaigns within the team, with the aim of maximizing collection effectiveness and efficiency.
- To be accountable for Collections and Recoveries performance against set targets, in line with the institution’s corporate strategic plan.
- To ensure the utilization of forbearance strategies and tools, in order to obtain the best outcome for financially stressed customers.
- To supervise effective repossession and realization of security, in coordination with other key departments and stakeholders i.e. Legal, Survey, Property & Real Estates Departments, External Debt Collectors and Auctioneers.
- Responsible for the timely review and improvement of Collections and Recoveries policies and procedures and their implementation and adherence.
- Ensure adequate systems and controls are in place for monitoring operational and financial performance against approved plan.
Qualifications and Experience
- Full Grade 12 School Certificate
- Business Degree in Banking, Finance, Business, Economics, Accounting, Law or other professional qualifications at equivalent level.
- Strong data analytics and numerical skill.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience inCollections Recoveries or Credit Function.
- Previous experience in a similar role in a retail bank or financial institution will be an added advantage.
Required Competencies and Personal Attribute
- Communication Skills
- Analytical skills
- Numerical/Computation Skills.
- Problem Solving Skills
Appropriately qualified and interested candidates meeting the above credentials must submit an application letter enclosing a detailed curriculum vitae (CV), traceable referees and copies of academic/professional qualifications to the undersigned by Tuesday 7 th December 2021 17:00 hours with the position applied for clearly marked on the envelope.
The Director Human Resources
Zambia National Building Society
Century House, 3 rd Floor, Cairo Road
P O Box 30420
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.