DEPARTMENT : Internal Assurance
VACANCY : Internal Assurance Manager
LEVEL : Senior Manager
LOCATION : Lusaka, HQ
To supervise and perform internal audit reviews and special investigations to reinforce compliance to processes, procedure and controls. Responsible for ensuring that processes and procedures are in place for fraud prevention and for instituting risk assessment and control awareness programs across all functions. To provide assurance to senior management, the Board of Directors and Audit & Risk Committee on compliance to the approved and laid down processes, procedures and controls in the key risk areas of the organsiation including regulatory expectations.
REPORTING TO THE MANAGING DIRECTOR, CORE RESPONSIBILITIES ARE:
1. Facilitating departmental risk assessments to identify high risk areas within the organization
2. Reviewing control mitigation plans of Functions and ensuring adequate and prioritized management attention on remediating known issues and preventing recurrences.
3. Maintaining records of compliance activities, including any complaints or investigations.
4. Providing reports to the senior executive team, highlighting any areas of potential risk to the company.
5. Identifying and Implementing Compliance Monitoring framework and preparing compliance status reports to the board on a regular basis.
6. Planning and undertaking investigations into allegations of fraud and other incidents
7. Reducing fraud related losses by efficiently and effectively investigating, preventing, detecting, analyzing and reporting
8. Flash reporting for significant issues noted in ongoing reviews.
9. Preparation of all reports required for presentation to Airtel Senior Management.
10. Championing the implementation of Group Audit and enterprise risk initiatives at the OpCo level
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
- Undergraduate Degree in Accounting, Technology, or Finance
- ACCA/CIMA or other relevant professional qualification
- CISA an added advantage
- MBA or Graduate degree in Finance or Accounting is an added advantage Relevant Experience · Minimum 8 years’ experience in Governance, Risk, Control and Compliance related roles.
- Experience in Telecoms/Service or Mobile Financial Services Industry added advantage
- IT Audit experience added advantage
Other requirements (Behavioral etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent planning skills
- Hands on attitude
- Able to handle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- High personal standards and results oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills; stakeholder management and collaboration
- Excellent and effective communication skills, both written and oral
Suitable candidates requested to apply by sending through their CV’s to [email protected] Closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 24 th December, 2021.
Airtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is non-discriminatory on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnic grouping.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]