Tongabezi Trust School is seeking a new dynamic Head Teacher to join our team in 2021. We are an Independent School with over 280 children from Pre School to Grade 9. We offer a top-quality education and co-curricular activities to vulnerable children within the rural community on the outskirts of Livingstone. We follow the Zambian National Curriculum as well as utilizing teaching and learning practices from overseas. The vision of the school is to develop independent learners who have the skills to make informed decisions about their lives, their future and the world they live in.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum Degree holder.
- Diploma in Primary School Teaching.
- Experience in Headship at Primary or Basic level.
- Proven extensive experience as a teacher.
- Experience of a range of different curricula including the Zambian National Curriculum.
- Experience of leading a staff team and training and empowering this team.
- Computer literate.
Desired Experience& Education:
- Postgraduate qualification in Management/Leadership.
Desired Personal Qualities:
- The successful applicant will have a passion for empowering rural communities through education, inspiring their team and leading by example whilst exhibiting professionalism at all times. Personal integrity is a key requirement of this role and the successful candidate will be self-motivated, organized, flexible and trustworthy. They will have excellent people, management and leadership skills, and the ability to motivate a cohesive team and challenge them to achieve their full potential.
- The Package includes a 3 bed-roomed house on-site and a highly competitive salary.
Method of Application
If you are interested in applying for this post and have the required qualifications and experience please email your CV and application letter to Vanessa Parker, the school director, at the email address below. Your letter should clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements of the job. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Tongabezi Trust School,
PO Box 60113,