Zazu is a fintech start-up that provides mobile payment services and financial education courses to the Zambian market.
Our vision is to create the most helpful digital money account, ever. An account that makes it easy to understand where and how your money is going, that automatically categorizes spending and gives you the data you need to make informed decisions.
We’re not selling stuff that people don’t need, we believe we are and will continue to improve the outlook and quality of life for tens of thousands of people in Zambia and beyond, by empowering them with the knowledge and tools to make better financial decisions.
As a regulated company, with regulated products, being compliant at every turn is always front and centre of our minds. We are therefore looking for a Compliance Manager who is adept and experienced at dealing with regulators and understands the role of technology in getting more people financially included.
- Looking at legislative agendas, directives and circulars to maintain a compliance framework.
- Ensuring that all of our activities are compliant and risks are covered.
- Contributing to investigations about patterns, beneficiaries and ultimate owners.
You will initially be working with the executive team to establish processes before identifying, hiring and taking responsibility for the department.
You should apply if:
- Have 3+ years experience in a similar role (at a bank, an MNO or a fintech).
- You have a great understanding of legal frameworks, especially Banking & Financial Services Act, National Payment Systems Act and Financial Intelligence Centre Act.
- You have previously worked/interacted with regulators from Bank of Zambia, ZRA and others.
Have impeccable references, as an extensive background check will be conducted.
You are genuinely excited about the mission before us.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com .