Exciting Career Opportunities
Chief of Staff
Reporting to: Managing Director
Business Unit: Executive Office
Location : Lusaka
To support MD’s strategy execution through performance review (financial and non-financial) as well as oversee execution of various tasks for the Executive Office to ensure attainment of bank’s key business objectives.
- Provide continual feedback to the MD on key issues, financial dashboards, metrics, events, etc.
- Produce scheduled and ad hoc reports on a variety of business activities as required
- Identify underlying trends and causes in management information and provide recommendations on remedial action where appropriate
- Serve as liaison between staff, executives, senior leaders, and the Managing Director, regarding company climate, employee well-being, project updates, proposals and planning
Key Outputs & Responsibilities:
Formulation, Execution and Co-ordination of Strategy
- Execution and co-ordination of strategy and projects sponsored by the MD and track achievement of performance objectives for all Heads of Department.
- Support executive office by ensuring MD’s priorities are managed in respect of meetings with clients, staff and other stakeholders.
- Support the business to address strategic challenges and monitor timely completion of assigned tasks
- Oversee assigned strategic business initiatives from development through successful execution under the guidance of senior leadership.
- Build professional working relationships with all stakeholders, displaying excellent abilities to listen, advise, influence, negotiate and influence at all levels.
- Engage with Senior Management to integrate incountry requirements with regional and group requirements.
Governance, Risk and Compliance Management
- Work alongside Risk and Compliance to ensure that set key executive objectives are met
Effective Teamwork & Self-Management
- Plan and manage own workflow, anticipating obstacles, juggling priorities and following through on objectives within agreed timeframes and according to quality standards
- Act in an ethical, transparent and morally defensible manner, including highlighting unethical practices
- Promote a co-operative climate in working with others to achieve collective goals while demonstrating the ATMA values
- Ability to report on and interpret the Bank’s overall and segmental financial performance, identifying risks and opportunities and make appropriate recommendations
- Ability to understand and assess the financial implications of strategic actions
- Grade 12 School Certificate with 5 credits, English and Mathematics inclusive.
- Relevant business / finance degree, ACCA/CIMA / CFA /Banking Certificate, Master’s Degree is an added advantage
- Professional affiliation
- 8-10+ years’ experience in multiple roles across a bank
- Strong influencing, presentation and facilitation skills
- Solution-focused problem solver, highly analytical and attentive to detail
- Project management capability & Change management skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power point and Outlook)and Outlook)
Interested Applicants who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CV’s to [email protected] Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Be sure to include the job applied for in the subject field. Closing date: Thursday, 15th October, 2020.
Reshaping African Banking
African Banking Corporation Zambia Limited T/A Atlas Mara. Registered Commercial Bank
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]