About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Work on the development of CPBB strategic plans and facilitate prioritization on investment decisions, setting business targets & objectives
- With Finance, Products, Segments and Business Heads monitor overall business performance to ensure performance is in line with expectations and budgets
Business and Process Improvement
- Identify, analyse and participate in all initiatives intended to improve CPBB financial performance, operating efficiency, risk and people management.
- To provide business planning, coordination, and project management support for the Head CPBB, therefore enabling the Head CPBB to focus on strategic business issues.
- Ensure effective Operational, Compliance and Business risk management coordinating with respective stakeholders
- Work with relevant stakeholders to continuously improve and ensure relevance of policies and processes
- Participate and contribute in governance committees and forums.
- Drive Head CPBB’s agenda for Risk Committee meetings and ensure any action items for Head CPBB arising from other risk governance related committees/forums are properly tracked and completed
Strategy Development & Implementation
- Work with the Head CPBB, Segment Heads, Product partners and Business Support functions to develop and refresh CPBB strategies.
- Support and assist to identify and drive new revenue streams for CPBB with specific focus on planning, execution and coordination of these efforts.
- To drive, manage and execute strategic initiatives on the Head CPBB’s behalf.
- Oversee project work on behalf of the Head CPBB as relevant e.g. strategic taskforces, ad hoc projects, etc
- Ensure top management communication is delivered and understood by team members
- Assist in the coordination and success of CPBB events, campaigns workshops & seminars.
- Implement and generate awareness of centrally and locally driven CPBB initiatives
- Drive an effective communication framework from Head CPBB to all staff, ensuring that key Head CPBB messages, town halls etc are communicated in a timely manner
- Manage effectiveness, accuracy and consistency of information released from Head CPBB’s office
- Monitor Head CPBB’s incoming correspondence to assist with follow up and execute actions as appropriate.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the country CPBB CMT team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles:
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
All members of the Zambia CPBB Management and Country Management Teams
- Minimum 5 O’Level Credits or better including Mathematics and English
- Degree from a recognized University
- Sound knowledge of general banking law and practices
- Competence in financial accounting /forecasts
- Ability to plan daily /periodic operations
- Strong interpersonal /communication skills
- Computer skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.
To apply for this job please visit scb.taleo.net .