DSV – Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world’s 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers’ entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com
Job Posting Title: Broker, Customs
Main Purpose Of The Role
To ensure custom declarations and clearance are accurately and timely processed, carry out inspections as may be required by customs, ensure operations at Lusaka boarder run smoothly and escalation of any challenges to the department Manager.
Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in clearing (Final clearance, RIB, RIT & Bonding)
Great knowledge of the shipping industry
Logistics degree/diploma (advantageous)
Office 365 (Teams, OneNote, Forms), MS Word, Excel L2, PowerPoint, Outlook Basics
Duties And Responsibilities
- Registration of entries; ensure proper declaration, documentation and customs entry management as per customs procedures.
- Calculate duty/taxes and follow up with customs in case of any queries.
- Ensure proper, correct, accurate and timely declaration upon receipt of all clearing documents from client.
- Upon receiving of pre alerts, advice on what documents are required and keep up to date with the changes as they occur on all customs related matters for smooth clearance process.
- Monitor and ensure entries are processed timely in Customs.
- Arrange and conduct physical inspections when requested by Customs.
- Receive original documents from drivers and deliver to respective clearing agents for shipments on the DSV consolidation.
- Send daily report of shipments on the DSV consolidation and monitor clearance with respective clearing agents.
- Advise the department Manager of any challenges.
- Advice on customs codes, tariffs and duty and management of customs entries as per established procedures and requirements.
- Ensure all documents for customs clearance are in place before proceeding with clearance.
- Follow up on manifests that have not been entered or been improperly entered into the system and make the required adjustments.
- Maintain very close relationship with customs and local authorities to ensure that goods are cleared in the fastest manner with the lowest cost to ensure that new regulations are well anticipated.
- Ensure to always be reachable on phone for ease of communication with the office during working hours.
- Ensure to follow all the established SOPs
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 75,000 employees in more than 90 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.
Read more at www.dsv.com
To apply for this job please visit jobs.dsv.com .