Job title: Accounts Assistant
Reporting: Program Accountant
- check writing (including payment to vendor and advance to employee)
- recording cheques and straight to bank in the register
- preparing daily cash position
- wire payment to vendors and staff through straight to bank
- disbursement of transaction from Petty cash
- Reviewing vendor invoice
- Enter invoice into Quick Books
- Processing payment in Quick Books
- Enter all transactions in Quick Books
- Receive and review expense report liquidation
- Clear the aging report – post advance liquidations in Quick Books
Month End Closure
- Reconcile AP acct –Quick Books
- Loading monthly documentation into drop box
- Filing of accounting documents
- Stamping all paid documentation – Paid
- Stamping all Liquidated documentation – Liquidated
- Tracking and maintaining all assets-capital equipment records
- Maintaining Procurement documentation
- Update monthly asset log for additions/disposals
- Ensure all assets are tagged
Key Working Relationship
- Internal: Finance Manager, and all Program Staff.
- External: MGIC Finance Team.
Skills and talents
- Excellent communication, written and oral.
- Good knowledge of Quick Books System.
- Very high level of computer knowledge-internet, word, excel and power point
- Extremely detail oriented and with special attention to accuracy and timely reporting
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an accountant most preferably with NGOs
- Partly qualified ZICA II /CIMA II/ACCA II/Accounting Diploma
- Registered with the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Computer proficiency in MS office and accounting packages preferably QuickBooks
- Ability to work independently while being a strong team player
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com .