Are you an inspirational educational leader eager to take a growing and vibrant Primary School through its next exciting phase as you help shape and lead its strategic direction?
As part of a strong Executive Team in a supportive and dynamic international school environment, you will lead our current 231 strong Primary School towards its capacity of around 300 students.
Lusaka International Community School will appoint for August 2021, an exceptional Primary School Vice Principal – Academic to significantly develop and advance the programs and standing of our school.
The successful candidate will be a committed, engaging, and innovative educational leader, strongly identifying with and articulating the school’s mission and objectives. The ideal candidate will lead by example and be a respected school ambassador with a strong commitment to the strategic planning and operational management of the whole school as part of the Executive Leadership Team.
Founded in 1993, LICS is a dynamic international teaching and learning environment; a CIE (Cambridge Assessment International Education) school providing for Checkpoint, IGCSE, AS, and AL assessments. LICS, a CIS fully accredited school and committed to achieving re-accreditation in the next 3 months, is situated in the leafy suburb of Roma in Lusaka, the capital of beautiful Zambia.
1. Job Purpose
- To assist in Leading, developing, and managing the Primary School of LICS in an inspired, motivated, and dynamic way. To strive for optimal academic performance from each learner by maintaining teaching standards and quality in staff in a caring and supportive environment. To support the Community Service efforts and enable the sports and extra curricula program to function effectively within the school day. To lead the pastoral care team and have an overall knowledge of the needs of all learners
- Leadership knowledge and understanding
- Skills and practices of leadership
- Leadership values and attributes
- Professional relationships in leadership
- Leading teaching and learning
- Leading innovation and improvement
- Establishing management systems
- Community engagement
- BEd / BA (QTS) / PGCE or equivalent.
- Qualifications and training relevant to the leadership position
- Registration with a Teachers’ Accreditation / Registration Body.
- Senior Leadership skills (motivator, discipline, initiative, professional manner). Experience as part of a Senior Leadership team would be an advantage.
- Academic experience in a Cambridge Assessment International Education School.
- Willingness to optimise, communicate and coordinate continuous review of processes
- Proven and respectful communication skills within a diverse cultural teaching staff, with students and parents/business partners
- Proven skills/record in management of a department/area in an international school
- Proven experience leading an academic department, (in senior leadership or proven whole-school change.)
- Proven track record of management of teaching pedagogy and student performance.
- Knowledge and experience of data analysis and student tracking.
- IT literacy, knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint within the Microsoft Office Professional Package
- Ability to Teach ICT will be an added advantage
- and the PS Production
Safeguarding Lusaka International Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate’s appointment will be subject to full security vetting.
Method of Application
Please visit our website and fill in the online application form and upload a detailed CV with a covering letter along with three referees, one of whom should be your current supervisor. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.