Jobs at:Recruitment Matters Africa
Deadline of this Job:
25 April 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Our client is looking for a Transport Manager to join their team
• Directing activities related to dispatching, routing, and tracking of transportation vehicles, aircraft, or railroad cars.
• Planning, organizing, and managing subordinate staff members to ensure work is completed and consistent with the company's standards.
• Directing investigations to verify and resolve customer or shipper complaints.
• Collaborating with staff members to formulate and implement transportation-related procedures as well as company revenue goals and customer service objectives.
• Arranging repairs and routine maintenance of transportation vehicles.
• Complying with transportation-related policies, as well as safety rules, union contracts, and government regulations.
• Promoting safe work activities by conducting safety audits, and attending company safety meetings.
• Critical thinking skills and knowledge of analytics.
• Ability to work well with team members and navigate stressful situations.
• Excellent leadership skills.
• Good conflict resolution skills.
• Bachelor's degree in logistics, business management, engineering, or related field.
• At least 4 years’ experience as a transportation manager in a similar industry.
• Solid knowledge of the transportation industry and logistics.
• Experience working with union contracts and transportation-related government regulations.
• Experience working with transport management systems and warehouse management software
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.