- Company: Lumwana Mining Company Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lumwana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for experienced and qualified individuals to be considered for the position of a Tool Storeman.
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, you will be responsible for the distribution of tools to support end users. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- To ensure the accurate identification and labelling of stock items.
- To ensure that goods requiring special handling or storage risk are handled as per safety policy and requirements.
- Meeting the set target of number of line items to be issued and received daily.
- Maintain clean and efficient warehouse premises and a properly maintained clean yard by applying “clean as you go” on all tasks undertaken.
- To identify hazards and maintain a safe working environment.
- Fully responsible for the quality of work.
- Stock and direct charge items within the designated area, such that they arrive at the correct location and at the right time.
- Carry out regular stock maintenance and housekeeping tasks.
- Safely transport and deliver requisitioned stock and direct charge items outside of the designated area, such that they arrive at the correct location and at the right time.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping in the work area both during and after completing a job/task Experience & Qualifications
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Minimum of a Certificate in Purchasing & Supply Chain Management or Equivalent
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in Warehouse & Inventory Management preferably in the mining environment.
- Must have good attention to detail.
- Must be Computer literacy with competence in MS excel with exposure to Pronto or equivalent.
- Must have Valid Zambian driving licence
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Purchasing & Supply Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks .