At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Knowledge, Training & Experience Required:
- An appropriate Trade certification with extensive experience in earth-moving plant and equipment repair and maintenance. Experience with OEM level diagnostic systems.
- Minimum of 5-8 years’ experience in a maintenance role.
- At least 2 years in a supervisory role.
- Experience in a high-output workshop and field environment with an exceptional mechanical, hydraulic, and electronic fault finding aptitude.
- Demonstrable and hand-on mechanical trade skills with OEM level experience in best-practice maintenance procedures, diagnostic and troubleshooting methods.
- Knowledge of MS Office and Pronto or other enterprise systems.
- Assemble, install, test & maintain mechanical & hydraulic components on a varied fleet of equipment:
- Dozers: Komatsu D65, D155, D275 : Liebherr 744, 754
- Excavators: Volvo EC210/300/700 : Komatsu PC800
- ADT: Volvo (A40F/G) : Bell B25D
- Loaders: Komatsu WA360 : Volvo 120F/220H
- Compactors: Bomag & Hamm
- Road Surfacing equipment: Wirtgen Recyclers : Etnyre Chip Spreaders
- Experience with participating in detailed Root-Cause analysis of component & equipment failures and able to clearly articulate failure modes.
- Previous experience within a mining operation would be well regarded.
- Demonstrable experience with maintenance management systems.
Other Skills or Competencies:
- The ability and drive to manage a maintenance work group in a technically challenging and geographically remote maintenance environment.
- Sound planning, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills in English.
- Knowledge and understanding of diverse cultures and customs an advantage.
To apply for this job please visit firstquantum.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com .