Senior Heavy Duty Mechanic
Jobs at:Macoil Logistics Limited
Deadline of this Job:
30 August 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, August 26, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Macoil Logistics Zambia is a premier Transport and Logistics provider based in Lusaka, Zambia with representative offices in Zimbabwe and South Africa. MACOIL Logistics operates routes locally and in the SADC region.
Macoil Logistics Zambia is currently looking for a mature, professional and self-motivated Heavy-Duty Mechanic to join the team. Candidates will be required to be performance driven and capable of operating with a diverse team to achieve targets and deliver efficient service.
Macoil Logistics Zambia operates in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and proactive engagement is critical to a successful consignment delivery.
Job Title: Senior Heavy Duty Mechanic
Heavy-Duty Mechanic Job Duties:
• Maintenance and repair of heavy-duty vehicles and pool fleet.
• Diagnosing faults, preparing and following maintenance and service schedules.
• Inspect various parts of trucks, including brake systems, wheel bearings and steering mechanisms to ensure they are in the proper condition to operate effectively.
• Adjusting equipment and replacing faulty parts.
• Conducting and planning of routine services on trucks and Trailers.
• Troubleshooting and engine overhaul.
• Ensuring parts conform to factory specifications by inspecting and verifying clearances and dimensions.
• Rectify faults using computerized testing equipment.
• Test trucks to ensure they are in perfectly safe condition.
• Liaise with Drivers on effective vehicle management and with company management on improvement programs.
• Promote team work and talent at workshop.
• Monitor team progress, create and manage workshop systems.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Must be between 40 years of above.
• Full grade 12 certificate, a must.
• Diploma or better in Mechanics; Electricals are an added advantage.
• Experience 10 years plus in a petroleum and Logistics company as a mechanic.
• Driving Licence CE – Goods Dangerous goods a must.
• Proven work experience as a Diesel or Heavy Equipment Mechanic on Volvo Trucks, Freightliners, Toyota.
• Tech-savvy and proficient computer literacy.
• Strong Written and Oral Communication Skills.
• Able to work and manage teams with minimum supervision.
• Able to work as per operational requirements.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Suitable candidates should apply to [email protected] and copy [email protected] by the 30th August, 2021.
Curriculum Vitae detailing a demonstrable work experience, Recommendation Letter/Certificate of Service, Cover letter, Driving Licence and National Registration Card must be attached.
Only applicants who meet the above requirements will be contacted.